what kind of exhaust/cat back for 2004 gt

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
i got magnaflow on my GT and i definatley fell in love, and there was definatly an extra kick to the car after that...
good luck, and have fun!!

richcon1

Have you looked into Bassani Exhaust, it is stainless, very nice sound. I put a cat back system on a 01 GT. Very nice. I installed a Mac system, headers back on 95 Mustang 5.0, at that time price was an issue, but it sounded good. I have a 2001 Bullitt now, factory exhaust sounds great, but next spring it will come off for the Bassani system.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Originally posted by Redfire94GT
Hmm, 7s on open headers, no backpressure - then you say backpressure is needed ?

Why not talk to the 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 second turbo street cars about back pressure as far as a catback goes ? A chambered style muffler will **** all your power up.

does this guy have a turbo'd street car? I don't think so.

And when your motor is putting out 1000+ horsepower, you have so much exhaust exiting the motor you can't have the mid-pipe or catbac on there or you'll just blow shit up.

Sanke Pilot

Established Member
It really boils down to price. All aftermarket exhausts will give you a more aggressive sound. I went inexpensively despite having a pretty pricey car but I'm tickled pink. I have a UPR off road x and a MAC catback. It's as nasty sounding as anybody's on this board. I personally wouldn't spend hundreds more on Borla, Bassani etc. Exhausts are like designer underwear. No one knows who made what you're wearing.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
go with borlas they have a badazz sound with LTs x pipe and stingers check in this forum for the thred borla stingers and you can hear them on my car

99GTvert

Established Member
what about the SLP loudmouth? Supposedly it is the meanest sounding exhaust out. I havent heard it in real life but i downloaded a clip and i really liked it.

RevMatt

Established Member
CatBacks-04 GT

:xpl:
Bassani makes some very nice CatBacks. I have them on my 01 Mustang GT and am putting a set on my 04 Mustang Cobra!
:beer:

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
personally, i think the loudmouth and borla are just extreamly loud.. you know, not nice loud, just ugly loud, kinda like f-bodies!

OBGT

Moving On Up!
Established Member
Go with the Flowmaster catback with a MRT H-Pipe..... I got this setup on my 01 GT and people are always telling me how its the best sounding mustang they have ever heard......

Black Bullits Rock :rockon:

662597_21_full.jpg

662597_6_full.jpg

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I'm very partial to the Steeda/Borla side exit. Not too loud at idle. Makes all the right noises at WOT, particularly past 6000 rpm. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread