What is your opinion of your L if you own or have owned one?

What do you think about your L or one that you previosly owned?

• I love my L

Votes: 85 94.4%
  • Not bad. Overall I like it okay

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • It's not terrible, but it's not that good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate it

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Jroc

Established Member
What the title says. IMO a L is a great little truck, and not just for it's sporty nature, but that it is still an extremely useful pickup truck. I tow boats/cars, haul motorcycles and whatever else in the bed, and it doesn't miss a beat.My truck has over 132K is I beat on it quite often and it has been very reliable for me these last nearly 4 years. I also find it very fun to drive on a DD basis. I love my truck.

Tell us your opinion of your L whether it's good or bad, mediocre, etc.

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
Love my L, been a DD since 08 and has never let me down. Hauled refrigerators, and all other new appliances home, moved my 700lb gun safe, moved some furniture to the new house last fall. I couldn't imagine being without it. I haven't towed with it yet, but wouldn't hesitate even though I'm lowered. It sucks gas and I love the blower whine. It is normally my wife's DD, but it is nice to drive it to take a break from rowing gears in the cobra:beer:
Oh yea it's paid for which makes it even better

Auto

Established Member
I love my Lightning, it's been a fantastic truck. My father-in-law loves it too, always asks if I brought Lightning over. First time I took him for a ride, he couldn't believe he was in a truck. He grabbed the "oh sh!t" bar and just started laughing!! :D

chris1badL

Established Member
I loved mine when I had it... Got rid of it for a mustang and wish I never did to be honest. Truck was a lot of fun for sure.

SvtRacing

Established Member
i love mine but the mofo's are expensive when you go to building. Im done with mine its gonna run whats its gonna run this time no more mods. If it breaks it will be forsale as is. Im going with a foxbody coupe for next toy.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Bought a 03 L in 2004. Traded it later and missed it. Bought my 03 SB in 2011 and keeping it.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I love mine, got it new June 14th, 2003 and I've put about 43k miles on her. She's a garage queen taken out on nice days and only has a catback and filter but she makes me smile every time I drive her. I've been thinking about selling the truck to buy a house but I think I'll keep it.

V8Thrasher

Established Member
Coming from an 07 Mustang GT to a 00 L is quite a change for sure, but I gotta say for my first truck I love it. Its supercharged, fast, torquey, sucks gas like a fat kid, and best of all to me its a Ford. So.... no complaints what so ever :pepper:

Dusten

Established Member
I love mine, but its no truck. I have the hotchkis tvs, no hitch and I refuse to take my bed cover off. Mine really only serves as a really heavy car. But I love it just the same. Sure I could have a 9 second fox for the money I have spent on it, but it wouldn't be as cool. I take it to local meets and such and it always turns heads

Jroc

Established Member
I love mine, but its no truck. I have the hotchkis tvs, no hitch and I refuse to take my bed cover off. Mine really only serves as a really heavy car. But I love it just the same. Sure I could have a 9 second fox for the money I have spent on it, but it wouldn't be as cool. I take it to local meets and such and it always turns heads

But you could use it as a truck and it would do fine if you wanted to, and you didn't have other trucks to serve in that roll. LOL :beer:

Dusten

Established Member
I used my last L as a truck, I didnt like it. I hated towing with the short wheel base and the bed is pathetically small. I've had an L since 2005. My first one was stock, and I towed with it more than a few times,

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
Love it; it's as much "truck" as I need for the occasional trip to Lowe's, it's the perfect size, and still hauls ass. Never getting rid of mine.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I loved mine till I lifted a head, only got rid of it because if I wasnt dumping money into the mustang I was dumping it into the Lightning and one of em had to go... I plan to get another one some day

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
It's my 4 season daily driver, no complaints, it fills the occasional role as a truck, starts and runs fine at -50*C, and is interesting enough that it doesn't fall into that "daily drone" status for me.

They are getting pretty uncommon in my area and many folks don't know/remember what the are, so it can be awfully fun to surprise the unsuspecting motorist.

The MPG's aren't great, but on highway cruise I generally see 17 US MPG, sometimes a little better, and as trucks go it's not bad consumption.

I'm looking to grab a Raptor at some point, and the wife asked if I would sell the Lightning to "make room" for the new truck, my response was a solid hell no. If it comes to choosing between a Raptor and a Lightning, the Lightning will be staying. It's just too unique and aside from the Tremor I am not optimistic we will see a 3rd Gen Lightning anytime soon.

Lt_Crazy

Established Member
For the short time i've had my lightning I can't really complain!! I drive it every songle day in the summer, rain or shine! Now its sleeping in my garage!!!

I love it, but I do miss the feel of an actual sports/muscle car!!!

I don't use it to tow, or use the bed at all...unless im sitting on the tailgate smoking a cigar and drinking beer LOOOOL

MPG is shitty....but thats life with a 5.4 SC engine LOOOL

Users who are viewing this thread