What is your daily beater? Do you enjoy it?

Blown 89

Established Member
My beater is a used 2017 Volt I bought when Biden was elected with 11k miles, 0% financing, $11k. With an additional 15k miles already on it Carvana offered me $18k for it last month. When it's all said and done I'm saving $300 a month in gas.

I hate to admit it, I really do, but I really like the Volt. It's comfortable, dead silent in electric mode, has decent features....I've enjoyed it.

The V hasn't been functional since February so technically that's my beater.

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
My stance has changed recently. I had a mint, beautiful Competition Orange Procharged GT Mustang that was the garage queen/weekend warrior. You know the fun car. Then I have a 2018 Ford F150 XLT with some tasteful typical truck mods as far as looks, suspension and stereo go. I never drove my car, 2015 with 13k in miles and I bought it 3 years ago with 9k in miles. So I decided to go down to one vehicle and get a nicer truck. I have no desire "at the moment" to EVER get into another car.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I've got my 2001 330i that I've posted about before, don't have many photos of it since I put the style 68 sport package wheels on.

1-X4.jpg

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
My turbocharged 01 Bullitt does a lot of sitting these days… but I was daily driving my 12 CCSB coyote F150. Was tired of racking up the mileage and fuel costs on that so I grabbed an 06 Corolla with crank windows and a 5-spd, with ice cold AC I may add, for 500 bucks out of the auction pile at my dealership. I don’t ever need anything fancy. Wife’s not thrilled with it because she said it makes it look like we don’t make money lol.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I dont need a daily, but curious if anyone dailys a hellcat challenger or any challenger. Planning to get a manual HC chally.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I signed up for the HC forums, never thought I would consider an HC. But a manual supercharged V8 that has a fat ass trunk and most of all a great highway cruiser, how could I not be into them?

the opinions seem pretty mixed in that thread, either love or hate the m6 without much middle ground. I’d honestly prefer the M6 even if it is slower, my street racing days are long over and only enjoy spirited drives these days. The A8 doesn’t tickle balls at all. I saw a used M6 hellcat challenger on a lot at the beginning of the year before prices got retarded, should have snagged it, think they wanted around 42..

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
the opinions seem pretty mixed in that thread, either love or hate the m6 without much middle ground. I’d honestly prefer the M6 even if it is slower, my street racing days are long over and only enjoy spirited drives these days. The A8 doesn’t tickle balls at all. I saw a used M6 hellcat challenger on a lot at the beginning of the year before prices got retarded, should have snagged it, think they wanted around 42..
Yea I'm waiting till winter. Hell, I can wait a year and see what I change my mind to. The all out speed doesnt matter to me when those HC cars can get dusted by a built mustang, so really at that point they are still in a slower car no matter what they do to it. Its still a pig... pig id love to own!

I missed out on a 75k mile 13 GT500 for sale at $34k back in 2019. LOL

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Sold my 11 GT500 to originally buy a 1970 Chevelle. Then my Excursion overheated. Then my wife told me that we were now expecting baby #2!

So instead of a Chevelle, I bought a 2003 F350 with the 7.3 as the family vehicle and my new daily. Lol, I love this truck. Even at 15mpg combined, Im getting twice the fuel mileage of the Excursion and already did truck things with it.

Im fortunate to have a project Chevy Nova to play with since the Shelby is gone. Along with my my wifes 07 Mustang GT vert, we got our fleet locked down for the foreseeable future.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I changed my daily since this thread started too, now it's a 2011 335d. 500+ rwtq and over 35 mpg average, makes the 90 mile commute fun.
20210528_173939.jpeg

Rambro

Established Member
607413E5-F3E4-459E-B5C4-64722EE3CB45.jpeg

2015 gt a6. Lund 93 tune, eibach sportlines, muffler delete. It feels slow, absolutely no torque, but it’s very comfortable to drive every day.

Users who are viewing this thread