What is your daily beater? Do you enjoy it?

bigja01cobra

Established Member
2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8

Amazing car love the looks and has all the amenities you could want. Get 20-22 mpg back and forth to work. Installed Corsa Extreme exhaust and CAI sounds amazing and runs 7.9s in 1/8th have a 3.92 rear and drag radials to go in soon to hopefully get to 7.6s.
Only a few issues I have had was had a waterpump ($100 and about 2 hrs to replace) go out at 94k miles and all the carbon fiber trim on the inside refuses to stay on so I have to reglue it several times a year and the black chrome wheels flake easily. Drive about 22k miles a year and it sits outside...

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
28245FC5-3BE4-408F-9612-C8391E16C996.jpeg
A 1994 F150 w/ a 302. It's an ugly blue turd but it gets me A to B

Saving up to get the new Bronco

I liked my ‘94...

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I'm driving the 03 Marauder all winter. I was flipping between the M5 and Mustang in the warmer months but those are both off the road now.

I plan on moving to PA soon so I'll have to see how I do with cost of fuel, I'm hoping the MPG increase in highway driving will help to offset the cost of a longer distance drive as right now I have about 30 minutes of driving and I rarely get over 50mph. My Mustang would get 16mpg going to work but I could get 24-25mpg highway easily in that car.

I would love to get something newer and AWD but I honestly struggle to buy a practical "normal" car. When I had to drive a loaner 1.5L escape for a few days while the Mustang was at the dealer it was horrible, even the Edge titanium I had, while nice, was not really for me. The last time I tried to buy a "practical" daily driver, I got the Mustang.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
2015 E63S. I combined my daily (2016 Fusion lease ended) and toy (sold my 2013 Boss 302) into one. Car is a blast. Very comfortable (heated, cooled, massaging seats) as a daily, as expected of a modern E class. A beast when you hit the gas, as expected of a twin turbo V8 AMG. I average 22mpg at roughly 85mph on my commute. I've only had this car a few months, but every Mercedes me or my family has owned has been bulletproof. I can wrench on plenty of this car, and my local dealer is great for the times I can't.

Stock for now, with the exception of upgraded 2-piece brake rotors. A tune and resonator delete will be coming shortly.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
00 Silverado Z71, 214K miles and counting. I’ll never sell it. Currently in the process of acquiring an 01 Cummins with 373K miles that will be my slightly new daily.

Pick your poison.

My wife drives a 2002 3/4 Suburban 6.0 and loves it (so do it). It's got 190k on it and looks/drives like new. Cloth interior for the win. I’ve tried to buy her a new one and she won’t have it. Some day I’ll convince her and then the 2002 Sub becomes mine.... looking forward to that.

E309471-E-C430-450-A-8-AB6-0-D7-CBF909799.jpg

Here’s mine. 6.5 NA diesel with an NV4500 manual 5sp. Crank windows, non power locks, wash-out floor. 140k on this one.. .just barely getting broken in. Love this truck. Bought it for $2k last year and probably won’t ever sell it.

BE086344-0591-4037-B891-C797-DB16286-C.jpg

We’ve also got a newer diesel Ram but it’s boring and we drive the two above more than anything.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Attachments

• E309471-E-C430-450-A-8-AB6-0-D7-CBF909799.jpg
    E309471-E-C430-450-A-8-AB6-0-D7-CBF909799.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Recon

Established Member
Still the funnest car i’ve owned. An H/C/I/E C5Z is no joke-I literally felt like i was tearing a hole through time itself in mine.

It was a fun daily driver as well...the interior at its best was total dogshit though, and little scratches and nicks from daily use bugged the shit outta me too. I turned it back into a weekend car before selling it. I’d buy another as a daily beater if the price was right.
Nice. I’m not a fan of FRC C5’s but I really like the LS6. Which what I want to put in the truck with some work done to it, if the 5.3 decides to go on strike.

My wife drives a 2002 3/4 Suburban 6.0 and loves it (so do it). It's got 190k on it and looks/drives like new. Cloth interior for the win. I’ve tried to buy her a new one and she won’t have it. Some day I’ll convince her and then the 2002 Sub becomes mine.... looking forward to that.

View attachment 1529987

Here’s mine. 6.5 NA diesel with an NV4500 manual 5sp. Crank windows, non power locks, wash-out floor. 140k on this one.. .just barely getting broken in. Love this truck. Bought it for $2k last year and probably won’t ever sell it.

View attachment 1529985

We’ve also got a newer diesel Ram but it’s boring and we drive the two above more than anything.

That’s my opinion on the matter as well. The newer trucks are nice, but there hasn’t been one I’ve seen that I’d be willing to trade for my Z71.
Those Detroit diesels are pretty good engines. Like practically everything in the 90’s they weren’t fast; but they got the job done. Only reason I’m getting the Cummins is I’ve wanted a diesel for a while now. It doesn’t take much at all to double rear wheel power figures. And the Cummins is one of the very few vehicles that sound good straight piped, in my opinion.

Pick your poison.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice. I’m not a fan of FRC C5’s but I really like the LS6. Which what I want to put in the truck with some work done to it, if the 5.3 decides to go on strike.

That’s my opinion on the matter as well. The newer trucks are nice, but there hasn’t been one I’ve seen that I’d be willing to trade for my Z71.
Those Detroit diesels are pretty good engines. Like practically everything in the 90’s they weren’t fast; but they got the job done. Only reason I’m getting the Cummins is I’ve wanted a diesel for a while now. It doesn’t take much at all to double rear wheel power figures. And the Cummins is one of the very few vehicles that sound good straight piped, in my opinion.

Pick your poison.

Yeah we have a 2016 Ram diesel for serious work and towing our 5th wheel. The Cummins cant be beat.

The old Chevy diesels are nothing like the new stuff lol. Very efficient though, they are. We bought the 6.5 truck 600 miles North of where we live. It got 27.5 mpg hand calc'd on the trip home. Doesn't have enough power to get out of its own way but for some reason I love it.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
08 Honda Civic. Get the job done cheap and at my age I don't give a shit about what I drive anymore. I'd rather have all the other things in life I want.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
2004 F150 CC 5.4 3-valve FX4. Pretty clean truck my BIL bought new. I bought it with 114k on it. I had to do the huge timing gear / cam phaser / oil pump / etc fix myself and that was a massive pain. But it rides and drives great now and is very nice on trips with the family. We have our share of crappy winter days here in Pgh so the truck gets used every day from Nov thru April, and on rainy days the rest of the year. Once you have had a truck it is hard to be without one. I just can’t justify a new / newer truck cost now, as the family and retirement savings are the main priority. So we DD used cars. Wife rocks a 2005 Aviator with 105k. Mpg on both is bad, but my commute is 6 miles each way. Wife’s is under 2 miles.
When you have a truck, you take it for granted. When you no longer have a truck, you realize how valuable that beast of burden was.

I really need another truck.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
2017 Colorado Crew Cab Duramax. Last beater was a 2003 Hyundai with a 2.0L and a 5 speed that never let me down. Car was a champagne colored tank.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

View attachment 1529987

View attachment 1529985

Great trucks, and a good score on the old Chevy.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I combined my fun car and daily into one. I've usually had a toy and a daily. The daily would have to live outside because I couldn't let the toy sit in the weather all week. Then, every winter I'd kick myself for walking past the toy in the garage and getting into the freezing cold, frost ridden daily. After a couple years, I'd kick myself again for looking at a pile of money in the garage that I didn't drive except for nice days...and would promise myself, "this weekend I'll go the the: mountains, track, something fun" and it would never happen.

So, enter the d-bag mobile...and I love it:

You say winter, freezing cold, frost, toy sit outside...your location says Atlanta. If that is accurate, youre crazy lol.

Rambro

Established Member
03 focus 180xxx miles. She bought it dirt cheap in 09 from a friend and it became my beater in 2014. It's been a good car but I'm really wanting a trailblazer ss these days.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
2005 Tacoma LB TRD Double cab.

I can pack a ton of people in it, put a full sheet of plywood in the back, get 18mpg in the city, run crap over, and haul whatever. Also a truck that I plan to get 400k miles out of. So the value is definitely there.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I love G wagons. What year?

2007, one of the best years in my opinion.

M113K engine that’s a monster.
Rock Solid 5spd Auto (AMG held on to it because the 7G couldn’t take the torque)

And I actually like the gauge cluster, 08 got a Volkswagen style, twin blue dial.

IMG_1686.JPG

I love how 4WD disables ABS unlike my Tacoma.

ABS is garbage off road and on ice.

10-11mpg is certainly no treat however.

Users who are viewing this thread