What is your daily beater? Do you enjoy it?

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
2018 Dodge Grand Caravan, hate it but I don’t pay for it, the insurance, or gas so...

I’m ordering the Traverse as soon as I hit 60k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
'

Same

Silverado. I dont pay for it.. the gas or insurance.. so I drive what they give me

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
2004 F150 CC 5.4 3-valve FX4. Pretty clean truck my BIL bought new. I bought it with 114k on it. I had to do the huge timing gear / cam phaser / oil pump / etc fix myself and that was a massive pain. But it rides and drives great now and is very nice on trips with the family. We have our share of crappy winter days here in Pgh so the truck gets used every day from Nov thru April, and on rainy days the rest of the year. Once you have had a truck it is hard to be without one. I just can’t justify a new / newer truck cost now, as the family and retirement savings are the main priority. So we DD used cars. Wife rocks a 2005 Aviator with 105k. Mpg on both is bad, but my commute is 6 miles each way. Wife’s is under 2 miles.

08mojo

Established Member
I combined my fun car and daily into one. I've usually had a toy and a daily. The daily would have to live outside because I couldn't let the toy sit in the weather all week. Then, every winter I'd kick myself for walking past the toy in the garage and getting into the freezing cold, frost ridden daily. After a couple years, I'd kick myself again for looking at a pile of money in the garage that I didn't drive except for nice days...and would promise myself, "this weekend I'll go the the: mountains, track, something fun" and it would never happen.

So, enter the d-bag mobile...and I love it:

41658403041_52cbd0861f_h.jpg

02Toner

Established Member
I was lucky to find a 2004 SVT focus that "didn't move". Started fine and went into gear just fine, so I bought it for $900. Once I got it home and up on jack stands, I realized the drivers side CV was exploded. So $100 later she was up and running great. At 185k miles the PO had the entire head resurfaced and rebuilt after the the timing belt exploded. It's at 205k now and runs like a top. Interior is near perfect condition (PO was like 115lbs) and I have service records that run back to when the car was brand new. It's nothing nice, the interior is laughable, and it has it's share of rattles/creeks, but its a pretty fun commuter. Looking at maybe upgrading to a CTSV1 next year.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
2018 F150 XLT 3.0L 4x2 Crew Cab

Company whip. Extremely comfortable and quiet. Faster than my 2011 Suburban Z71 too. One of my colleagues liked his so much he went out a week ago and bought a brand new fully loaded 3.5L. Didn't even wait until he got home before he texted me about putting a tune together for him.

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
2014 Focus ST, it's been a great daily for the 4 years that I've had it. It does excellent in the winter with a set of snow tires.

My94GT

Established Member
2014 Ford Fusion with the 1.5 ecoboost. I love the MPG I get 26-28 pending on traffic flow but other then that it isn’t very comfortable anymore, has already blown one motor at 65k miles, and is just dog crap slow.

In the near future I’ll be picking up a truck to drive again as I could use one for other home projects I have going on currently.

trxcobra

Established Member
2008 Lexus GS 350 AWD... honestly love the car. Has 113k miles and has not given me any issues.
The AWD is great in the winter, 300hp and averages ~25 mpg.

I am leaning towards keeping it for another 100k miles

VenomVeins

Established Member
Black 08 Tahoe...was my wife’s, so it’s got plenty of dents and dings, so I have zero ****s to give and will play bumper cars with the other assholes on the road. I upgraded my wife to a newer Z71 suburban.

This is pretty much the reason I love my current IS. Even though its a clean "10 Footer", it has its share of scratches on the front and I could care less if I play bumper cars with it.

Its honestly a GREAT feeling.

Next car I end up grabbing will be another super low bargain priced 'who cares' sled like this one. I'll save my OCD for the weekend toy, whatever that ends up being (thinking GT500 or C6Z)
2008 Lexus GS 350 AWD... honestly love the car. Has 113k miles and has not given me any issues.
The AWD is great in the winter, 300hp and averages ~25 mpg.

I am leaning towards keeping it for another 100k miles

Our cars share a lot of the same interior and drivetrain components save for the AWD and I couldn't agree more.

helloWorld

Established Member
From middle-May 2012 to late-September 2016, it was a 2013 Mustang GT that I bought new. I put snow tires on it for the winter season. Sold that car for the next vehicle.

From late-September 2016 to late-September 2018, it was a 2012 Cadillac CTS-V that was of course used. I put snow tires on it for the winter season. The vehicle was declared a total loss due to a car accident in late-September 2018.

From middle-October 2018 to ?, it is a 2018 Mustang GT that I purchased used. I have snow tires on it now for the winter season.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
This is pretty much the reason I love my current IS. Even though its a clean "10 Footer", it has its share of scratches on the front and I could care less if I play bumper cars with it.

Its honestly a GREAT feeling.

Next car I end up grabbing will be another super low bargain priced 'who cares' sled like this one. I'll save my OCD for the weekend toy, whatever that ends up being (thinking GT500 or C6Z)

Our cars share a lot of the same interior and drivetrain components save for the AWD and I couldn't agree more.

I am thinking of selling it and getting a used truck. Probably a 1500, or perhaps an old superduty. I used to have 97 F250 powerstroke, sold it to my wife’s uncle with 317K miles on the clock. That beast was a tank, would go over a Prius like it was a speed bump.

Users who are viewing this thread