What is with econbox drivers?

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I've noticed this from the Civic and Focus drivers lately. I just laugh to myself. If the road is open I'll give them a little show, just because.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
It's all drivers. When I'm in my cobra I'm actually enjoying the driving experience. Most a-holes on the road are always in a rush and tailgate, drive reckless etc. it's to the point where I won't even take my car out on a Friday afternoon, or weekend past 10 am because they ruin my driving experience. I like to go out for an early cruise when all the soccer moms are getting their geniuses ready for practice.

I think this might be the real issue. Us Cobra drivers are generally laid back with nothing to prove, therefore we tend to drive the speed limit or close to it.

Then you have Jane Soccer Mom who is in a hurry and comes up behind a slow moving Cobra. I'm sure she thinks we're a bunch of assholes.

Prototype007

Established Member
FRS drivers and black smoke blowing Diesel inbreds are the plague in Kentucky. The junkyard, rust bucket Honda's finally died out.

Our motto is,"You're slower than Joe's Tercel, so you're pathetic." They have the facial expression that they just got shanked or something when you tell them that lol!

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
I find that Toyota drivers are horrible drivers here. They always drive too slow. Have not seen these super fast Toyota drivers here yet lol.

I've had a couple people pull bs like that when I'm in the Miata. Yep, a Miata is a race car so flex your muscles, idiots lol. I just laugh to myself & continue on my way.

If I had a dollar for every time someone tried to screw with me in my Miata I would have had enough money to pay the damn thing off. Something about that little car really offended people's masculinity (or lack thereof). :shrug:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I have issues if their driving like complete tools but why can't someone with a ecobox smash down the pedal? If they want to run the shit out of the car, doesn't matter to me. You don't have to drive a sports oriented car in order to run the piss out of it. Some people do with what they have.

It was probably a pissed off husband who insisted on getting a Mustang but his wife nagged and bitched about how it wasn't practical for a family and how it was a waste of money. So now he is stuck inside his mediocre Toyota with subpar handling and performance. He probably closes his eyes as he smashed the gas pedal and imagined he was sitting inside of your Cobra. He only kept driving up closely to hear your sweet exhaust notes to help him continue his imation Cobra.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I hate driving an econobox, so I have three throttle positions, WOT, zero throttle, or cruise control on.

Its the only way to make life bearable sometimes. After an accident or congestion lets up, bring it up to 90 and make up some time while the traffic is "loose".

He probably closes his eyes as he smashed the gas pedal and imagined he was sitting inside of your Cobra. He only kept driving up closely to hear your sweet exhaust notes to help him continue his imation Cobra.

Why you gotta call me out like that.

Its fun making blower whine in a 170hp econobox.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread