What is this thing?

rdvenom99

Established Member
I need to know what this is. It makes a strange sound every time I shut off the car for about 10 seconds. It has two vacuum hoses going into the bottom and that connects to the intake manifold. I'm assuming it's some kind of filter or something. Anyone know?

engine.jpg

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
it has something to do with atmospheric pressure...i know if you take the cap off and plug the hole the car will idle like it has a huge cam sounds cool as hell but it throws an ses light

rdvenom99

Established Member
hmm alright the atmospheric pressure thingamabobber ..yeah I need a new one of those :)

Tried taking the cap off but it was tight and I didn't want to break anything so I gave up. Wonder how much the thing costs.

RioRed4v

Established Member
what kind of noise?

when i shut my car off, sometimes it makes a funny noise and i think it might be coming from the same thing.

rdvenom99

Established Member
The best I can describe it is as a moaning sound or like when air is leaving a balloon at a slower speed cause your squeezing the end. Mine does it every time I cut the ignition no matter what.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Originally posted by VenomousSVT
it has something to do with atmospheric pressure...i know if you take the cap off and plug the hole the car will idle like it has a huge cam sounds cool as hell but it throws an ses light

I don't care about the light, does it hurt anything off? I want the cam sound!

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Originally posted by callmecobra96
you could disconect it and see what code it throws. wouldnt that tell you what it was?

well, just wondering if it's critical or not. also, why the hell does that other thing behind it always get so damned rusty?:bash:

rdvenom99

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTHorsnake
well, just wondering if it's critical or not. also, why the hell does that other thing behind it always get so damned rusty?:bash:

Don't think I would take it off and plug the hole, It must be there for a good reason. Does make the car sound really cool though.

I'm thinking of taking that rusty thing off and and painting it or something. Just looks nasty against the nice clean engine.

Originally posted by cobraracer46
the part in question is an electronic vacume control soliniod that the computer uses to control the egr and the evaprotive emmission control systems.

thanks!

SVTHorsnake

Banned
That rusty thing bothers me so much! Like you said, it against a clean engine. I wonder where we can find the paint code for the paint on the block to match it. Seems like Ford would've made it stainless, it's the only part on my car that's rusted thus far. just seems stupid and last second-ish

KingSnakePro

Established Member
Originally posted by cobraracer46
the part in question is an electronic vacume control soliniod that the computer uses to control the egr and the evaprotive emmission control systems.

F**kin emmisons bullshit. How would the car run if you took that stuff off?

rdvenom99

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTHorsnake
That rusty thing bothers me so much! Like you said, it against a clean engine. I wonder where we can find the paint code for the paint on the block to match it. Seems like Ford would've made it stainless, it's the only part on my car that's rusted thus far. just seems stupid and last second-ish

I was probably just going to paint it black. Would look much better then rust color.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
the "rusty thing" is the EGR. like 46racer said the thingamabobber its a vaccum control for emissions.

i have also thought of painting the egr, but atleast sand it first. shoot it with rustoleum and your done.

Users who are viewing this thread