What is this sorcery?

blk02edge

Established Member
Mine doesn't like downshifting without clutch either.

Sent from my Potato
Whaaaat, dog ring gear box though? I send it with left foot braking on mine lol. In any case, the Radicals do this as well with the air actuators.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Whaaaat, dog ring gear box though? I send it with left foot braking on mine lol. In any case, the Radicals do this as well with the air actuators.

Yes, dog ring EMCO sequential. It's hard to get that V10 to wind fast enough for a quick rev and downshift haha

How do the air actuators work? I'm interested in adding a rev match to my mechanical throttle body.

blk02edge

Established Member
Yes, dog ring EMCO sequential. It's hard to get that V10 to wind fast enough for a quick rev and downshift haha

How do the air actuators work? I'm interested in adding a rev match to my mechanical throttle body.
Ahh fair enough, all I know is their is a small tank/compressor and has an electric solenoid that bangs an actuator and voila, magic happens. Lot's of guys struggle making them work. I've never tried installing one

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ahh fair enough, all I know is their is a small tank/compressor and has an electric solenoid that bangs an actuator and voila, magic happens. Lot's of guys struggle making them work. I've never tried installing one

Do you know anyone who runs one? I'd be super interested.

blk02edge

Established Member
I don't know anyone who runs an aftermarket one successfully. The only ones I see that work perfect are in Cup cars and Oem Radical but I've never gone out of my way to ask either. I'm sure there are plenty of guys out there that know the system well though.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Excuse my ignorance...but how different is this from auto blip on a 350 or rev match on a zl1?

Last edited:

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I can't believe all the track junkies around me who gave me shit for an auto-blip in my GT350, but there are pro drivers with them in competition cars. I'm sending every one of the a slow-mo clip from this video.

Those air actuators look like the same tech on race bikes for shifting.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Excuse my ignorance...but how different is this from auto blip on a 350 or rev match on a zl1?
Same function, accomplishes the blip differently.
I can't believe all the track junkies around me who gave me shit for an auto-blip in my GT350, but there are pro drivers with them in competition cars. I'm sending every one of the a slow-mo clip from this video.

An auto rev match/blip is an incredible tool for amateurs through professionals.

Sent from my Potato

blk02edge

Established Member

Buddy of mine was racing GTD in the Weathertech series. The level of nannies they have these days is quite high. Even some fancy radar systems to tell you how to approach traffic. His gearbox in the Pfaff GT3R would even shift itself.. That may have only been allowed at Daytona though, don't 100% remember

blk02edge

Established Member
I just realized that I had some crossed wires in my brain thinking of the actual air shift system not just the blip. I'm pretty sure @treynor installed auto blip in his GT4 and had nothing but good things to say

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just realized that I had some crossed wires in my brain thinking of the actual air shift system not just the blip. I'm pretty sure @treynor installed auto blip in his GT4 and had nothing but good things to say

I believe his is DBW though.

I had auto blip on my Gen IV ACR...but my Comp Coupe is a mechanical throttle body so it won't work.

blk02edge

Established Member
I believe his is DBW though.

I had auto blip on my Gen IV ACR...but my Comp Coupe is a mechanical throttle body so it won't work.
Oh right..
I'll ask around, I'm sure I know someone who's done this exact setup. But I had never seen a sequential that you cant left foot brake so who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread