What is the purpose of this? (big opening on T56 Magnum)

TonyG2

Established Member
IMG_0537.JPG

See photo (up is up down is down) It is on the upper part of the tranny, but I still worry about water, dirt, etc, getting in there. Anyone know why it's there, and if there's any problems closing it up? (I was just going to use a metal plate and rtv) The red thing you see inside is my clutch. THnx

follervidez

Established Member
View attachment 1545498

See photo (up is up down is down) It is on the upper part of the tranny, but I still worry about water, dirt, etc, getting in there. Anyone know why it's there, and if there's any problems closing it up? (I was just going to use a metal plate and rtv) The red thing you see inside is my clutch. THnx
The opening is where the fork would go if the tranny was still cable,most tranny are hydraulic now so there is no fork..but it does no harm open

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I think that is an inspection hole.
There's one in the T45 as well. Originally, there was a cover over it held on with a 10mm(?) bolt. Not sure about the T56 though

SS lol

Established Member
It’s for when you’re hanging on watching your clutch turn while car is rolling down the street. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

TonyG2

Established Member
Tranny already has a clutch fork/cable installed, must be for inspection, like 98 SVT said. Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread