What is the Kenne bell 2.8 worth ?

jobsi

Established Member
655ADAB2-3698-4694-A523-D18D1B620D99.jpeg 2818C1DD-1698-4387-90E6-B3E0AD53B072.jpeg I am tossing around the idea of selling my 2.8 h. the blower at the most has 1k miles on it. I bought the car with the blower on it , car only has 8k miles on it . Blower is all black and does not even have the purple tint on the snout yet . I would sell it with the boost a pump and throttle body . Just curious what the market is like on these.

MG0h3

Established Member
I’d say so. Wouldn’t accept less with the tb and boosta pump.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03' White Snake

Established Member
They are around 4k new, so I'd stay firm at 3k being barely used.

Why do you want to remove the KB?

Quick Strike

Established Member
I got mine with about 4K miles with the TB and two pulleys for $2,500. I sent the compressor to KB, they checked it out for free and sent it back for the cost of return shipping. I think yours will sell between mine and the $3,000 you may ask.

GodStang

Established Member
I am thinking about switching to the new tvs .

You do realize that the Twin Screw technology (Whipple and Kenne Bell) is far superior to the TVS? Also you would have to turn the new TVS harder to make the same power as the 2.8L. Remember the TVS 2.3L made the same power levels as the equal size Whipple. The new TVS will be in the same ball park as the Kenne Bell 2.6L.

Something to think about.

RobertR73

Established Member
View attachment 1494725 View attachment 1494726 I am tossing around the idea of selling my 2.8 h. the blower at the most has 1k miles on it. I bought the car with the blower on it , car only has 8k miles on it . Blower is all black and does not even have the purple tint on the snout yet . I would sell it with the boost a pump and throttle body . Just curious what the market is like on these.

Hey brother, if your still thinking about selling it, I am interested in buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Keep your Kenne Bell, you're going to sell it and spend more money to make less power maybe equal to what you're making now.

jobsi

Established Member
My car is actually in the shop right now
Getting tuned it put down 626/528 22.3 at 7000 rpm 93/Boostane mix with the 2.8 The tuner says with the tvs gen 3 I would probably see 660/575 at 22 psi. Like your saying for that gain is it really worth the money to swap them out. The extra money I would spend on the tvs I think I would be better off putting it somewhere else in the car.

Nadra

Bisquits and mustard
Established Member
You do realize that the Twin Screw technology (Whipple and Kenne Bell) is far superior to the TVS? Also you would have to turn the new TVS harder to make the same power as the 2.8L. Remember the TVS 2.3L made the same power levels as the equal size Whipple. The new TVS will be in the same ball park as the Kenne Bell 2.6L.

Something to think about.

Meant to ask when I first read this...how do you qualify this? Where did you get/read this info? I'm just curious. I'm a KB guy myself but it just seems that all the buzz over the last few years has been the TVS blowers....not the ole tried and true screw blowers.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Meant to ask when I first read this...how do you qualify this? Where did you get/read this info? I'm just curious. I'm a KB guy myself but it just seems that all the buzz over the last few years has been the TVS blowers....not the ole tried and true screw blowers.
Great question. So we are saying that 20+ year old twin screw technology is better than newest computer designed Twin Vortices Rotors? Eaton wasted all their development money to make something worse than something from 20 years ago?

GodStang

Established Member

Eaton's site has a lot of good info and been building these cars since 05 and the working knowledge of how the different style blowers work. Remember the TVS still has rotors that contact which create's heat unlike the Screws in the Whipple and KB. The advantage of the TVS is that it has a better inlet system than the stock KB and Whipple inlets (flows more CFM). On a car pulleyed for 18-22psi the TVS will not have a bottle neck at the bend where a stock KB or whipple will allowing the TVS to make up for it's lack of efficiency and make decent numbers. Now when you start looking at real boost and getting into the Crusher, Mammoth, Behemoth inlets they do not have the restrictions the stock inlet has. You can see this more on the GT500 where the Twin screw high boost cars are putting 200rwhp over the TVS blowers all things being equal. The TVS is a nice blower and for what 99% of us run it is outstanding and will suit you nicely.

As far as TVS being all the Buzz you can thank that to 100% marketing. Remember these forums are largely paid for by vendors. What they push sells whether it is truly the best or the best $$$ to put in their pocket. I have seen it time and time again when a vendor has given bad advice to make a dollar. The one I see the most:
Person: "Hey my car makes 300hp which clutch should I get?"
Vendor: "Get this $1500 clutch it's your best choice!"
2nd person: " Actually he would be a lot better off with a $400 clutch."
Vendor:"No he needs the $1500 clutch I am a vendor I know best."

Also you will see many times Vendors will skew their data on Facebook and other sites to lead you to what product they want you to buy.

GodStang

Established Member
Great question. So we are saying that 20+ year old twin screw technology is better than newest computer designed Twin Vortices Rotors? Eaton wasted all their development money to make something worse than something from 20 years ago?

The TVS was designed to improve on the Roots design superchargers, which it did greatly, not the twin screw. Also Whipple and KB have both upgraded their technology a number of times in the past 10 years so no it is not "20+ year old Twin screw technology".

Please learn the differences between Roots (TVS) and Twin Screw (Kenne Bell, Whipple, Vortech). They are not the same.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
The TVS was designed to improve on the Roots design superchargers, which it did greatly, not the twin screw. Also Whipple and KB have both upgraded their technology a number of times in the past 10 years so no it is not "20+ year old Twin screw technology".

Please learn the differences between Roots (TVS) and Twin Screw (Kenne Bell, Whipple, Vortech). They are not the same.
Ive had a whipple and a TVS I know the difference. My TVS made more power same boost and ran 4mph faster at the track. Both 2.3 liters.

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
As far as TVS being all the Buzz you can thank that to 100% marketing. Remember these forums are largely paid for by vendors. What they push sells whether it is truly the best or the best $$$ to put in their pocket. I have seen it time and time again when a vendor has given bad advice to make a dollar.

I agree with this whole-heartedly. I won't name names, but there are definitely a few vendors here and there that not only do as you stated above, but also have a major god-complex attitude if anyone disagrees by posting data (like dyno charts, timeslips, street encounters, etc). It's kind of like getting into an argument with a liberal who thinks he has the "moral high ground"...till he gets smoked by someone running twenty year old technology.

Some of the twin screw fanboy vendors have a god complex too. Kenne Bell as a company is very much holier than thou, even in their instruction manuals. That said, I don't see any roots manufacturers making a valid and direct tech comparison like this:

http://kennebell.net//wp-content/up...upercharger-Tech-22Twin-Screw-vs.-Roots22.pdf

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread