What is the fastest "bone stock" time for 13/14 GT500?

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Do we have any verifiable info for the fastest bone stock 13/14 GT500? And when i say stock i mean factory stock down to the tires and a paper filter with the spare tire still in the trunk. Ford reports the GT500 is capable of 11.7 and the fastest mag time i have read is 11.6. What are all these rumors of 11.4 and even 11.2 "stock" times? Any proof of these or are they just hearsay? :shrug: Going by the list on the shelby forum on here it takes DRs and/or a tune to get down to 11.2. Thoughts???

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Snorman and NJtony both went 11.3-11.4 bone stock in theirs. Ford absolutely FUBAR'ed the stock software it seems like and made the car absolutely impossible to launch well.

Also seems like a majority of owners don't really car to keep the car stock long enough to really optimize the performance. Most I've seen have made 1-2 stock passes and then modded the car into oblivion.

ThomasL

Established Member
11.25 @ 127.9 by NJTony is the fastest reported on svtp. 100% bone stock. It's verified in the drag times sticky. The sticky clearly shows his 11.2 in the STOCK section. Also they dont come with a spare tire :)

Last edited:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
11.25 @ 127.9 by NJTony is the fastest reported on svtp. 100% bone stock. It's verified in the drag times sticky. The sticky clearly shows his 11.2 in the STOCK section. Also they dont come with a spare tire :)

That post was made in November 2012. But yet recently he posted this stating that he himself believed 11.3 was the best possible time he had seen even with drag radials. :shrug:

As far as I know my 11.3's on dr's are the best times so far. More traction helps the car with consistency but the computer will still limit the ability to get the best launch.

And it seems strange that in almost 2 years no one has been able to replicate the "stock" 11.2 run. Looking at the average of all the runs im pretty sure its more than 3 standard deviations from the average. Im no statistics expert but an outlier that far from the population in a given data set is a sign that something is amiss.

Kewlv8

Established Member
That post was made in November 2012. But yet recently he posted this stating that he himself believed 11.3 was the best possible time he had seen even with drag radials. :shrug:

And it seems strange that in almost 2 years no one has been able to replicate the "stock" 11.2 run. Looking at the average of all the runs im pretty sure its more than 3 standard deviations from the average. Im no statistics expert but an outlier that far from the population in a given data set is a sign that something is amiss.

11.2 seems within reason for a car trapping 125 - 128 mph. If you know anything about fast cars, you know rock hard street tires and poorly prepped tracks are dangerous combination, so not many attempted stock hero runs. They are called street tires for a reason.

Kewlv8

Established Member
Do we have any verifiable info for the fastest bone stock 13/14 GT500? What are all these rumors of 11.4 and even 11.2 "stock" times? Any proof of these or are they just hearsay? Thoughts???

c0344d40b7.jpeg

Njtony

Established Member
Any explanation as to why the 11.25 is faster than the fastest drag radial runs? With almost 2 years to best the run?

More traction from the dr's equaled more computer interference with the launch. Also the 20 inch dr's make the gearing worse. I was never able to get around the clutch protection crap . Tried about 15 runs with just dr's and had a few 11.3's and higher runs. With just a tune (and 18in dr's)it ran a 10 and smoked the clutch on the first run.

Last edited:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Ford made a number of compromises on the GT500. They wanted it to run 200 at Nardo, avoid the gas-guzzler tax, run to 60 in 1st gear, and not smoke the clutch after hard drag launches, and handle really well on a road course. Ideally the car needs 3.73s from the factory but that would have made the car get hit with the gg tax so they decided against it (I imagine).

Basically the car is difficult to launch on the track due to only having 285s in the rear combined with all that torque. Jamal Hameedi addressed the tires issue in the interview with Travis. The car has to do everything reasonably well and handling would have been compromised with wider rears as it would have created an imbalance between front and rear tires and led to more understeer and problems with snap oversteer during cornering (ala ZL1 with the electronics turned off) Going above 265mm fronts would have dramatically increased rut-wander and decreased turn-in response and steering feel dramatically.

So if some competitor's product that hasn't even yet hit the market has a claim to fame in one dimension due to a new automatic trans and a huge bump in power so be it. Other cars have their own set of compromises, like requiring purchasers to give the government a big tax contribution, extremely high curb weight, notably worse handling, higher braking distances, not having an aluminum block etc. All these products are compromised in their own ways.

As for me, I lived a very long way from the nearest track so I never ran shakedown passes. I'm thankful to have bought a 2014 GT500 because the aftermarket support and tuneability of the car are top notch unlike other competitors' products. So if I decided to get serious about achieving the lowest ET I'd swap to 3.73s, slap on drag radials, a throttle body, res delete, and a tune to optimize everything and eliminate that stupid clutch protection and shoot for mid-10s. If you'll notice though, the most interesting grudge races no longer take place at 1/4 mile tracks, they take place on lightly traveled freeways in "Mexico" from a 40 or 60 roll. With no clutch-protection to hinder the GT500 even stock cars that are reasonably well shifted will have no problem with any of the current or soon-to-be-released competitors.

BMR Tech

I would love to get the chance to make some passes in the Florida winter time, in a stock 13/14.

If anyone is reading, in the Tampa FL area....well.... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread