What is the best time a 01 Cobra can pull off?

DeadLurker

Established Member
I'm curious as to what the best? average and worst time that a 01 cobra will produce at the track

blackfang

Established Member
That all depends on the driver.
I have seen 2 01 Cobras run at VMP. The best was a 13.4, and the worst a 16.58. You are comparing drivers more then the car itself.

silver01snake

Established Member
Just what blackfang said. It depends on driver and track conditions. I have an 01 cobra and my best time to date has been an 12.84 at 107.27 on street tires. My mods are Mac off road h pipe/with MIl's , Mac cats back system, Wms cai kit, steeda tuned diablo chip and 4:10's. Now even with my mods I've listed you might no copy my times at first. But, practice and you'll get there with time. If you really want to know what a 01 cobra can do stock and with bolt on's . Talk to Bob Cosby at Corral.net He's the one that helped me out with my mods and launching rpm's. Good luck............keep us posted....

Ram Rod

Got Truck?
Established Member
13.6 @104 still stock other than the k&n filter. Kind of swirly on those BFG's. Cant wait to do stuff to her to get her into the low 12's.:burnout:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by silver01snake
Just what blackfang said. It depends on driver and track conditions. I have an 01 cobra and my best time to date has been an 12.84 at 107.27 on street tires. My mods are Mac off road h pipe/with MIl's , Mac cats back system, Wms cai kit, steeda tuned diablo chip and 4:10's. Now even with my mods I've listed you might no copy my times at first. But, practice and you'll get there with time. If you really want to know what a 01 cobra can do stock and with bolt on's . Talk to Bob Cosby at Corral.net He's the one that helped me out with my mods and launching rpm's. Good luck............keep us posted....
Ill agrere Bob Cosby is truely "da man" he will gladly help anyone out, if they have questions..........

-ZAch

tms217

Established Member
Yeah Bob Cosby has run 11.85 with boltons and stock engine. While I have see a friend in a 01 run 24.00+..... Well he just stopped running after a bad launch.....

Terry

Bri'sMystic965

Established Member
On his second time to the track, a friend of mine pulled a 13.23 and 13.26 in his stock 01 (w/ exception of Bassani cat back). Both runs he trapped in the high 105 range and was cutting high 1.9 short times. Although he didn't have much experience with the Cobra, the guy really knows how to drive.

BTW, this was also in the sweltering South Florida heat and humidity.

Brian

GTFORDIFIED

Established Member
01 Cobras.........

Theres only one that comes to my local track(That I can think of...)
he was running mid 13s(13.50s) @ 105 MPH...I thought it was pretty good.I know that he had BF Drag tires.I can't say for sure ,but I think he said he just had the Ford recal and intake...

Users who are viewing this thread