What is the best sparkplug to run in a supercharged 2v modular engine?

robert presti

Established Member
My car has been through more plugs than should be needed. It isn't easy to change them either. Not the end of the world as far as hard but it involves removing the fuel rails and the mess that comes with that. I have run the NGK tr6 not sure what else and I don't like them. These copper core plugs seem to die while the car is in storage for half the year. Any way I'm not positive I have a spark pug issue at the moment, but the car started not running right and I have a nearly 25% difference in fuel correction from bank to bank. One bank is adding 0-5 percent and the other is pulling 20 percent, or the other way around. I forgot how that works with SCT... enough to not be positive any way on which bank is the troubled bank at the moment. I changed the mass air flow location and tube diameter slightly, so the engine could be leaner or richer depending. Maybe rich enough to foul a plug and cause the misfire to skew the o2 reading on that bank? The dual wide band readings are close, because the car is correcting, but not as close as they should be

Users who are viewing this thread