What is the best concert you’ve ever been to?

Gravik

Established Member
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon tour 1973 @ Park Center Charlotte NC
I was 17. First laser light show I saw ever, and sound was in quadraphonic.
Super jealous

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rct851

Established Member
The Summer Sanitarium Tour in '03. Mudvayne, Deftones, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, and Metallica. Good times.

Hell yes I was there.

About that same time I saw lamb of god, killlswitch engage, god forbid, and shadows fall all together at the engine room. That was pretty ****ing legit. Pretty much the beginning of that wave of American metal gettOmg started

331 LX

Established Member
I'd have to say Sturgill Simpson at the Ryman auditorium on Halloween.

I've seen Tool twice and APC one time - But they were at an outdoor pavilion ordeal and it just wasn't as loud as it should have been IMO.

I saw Deftones and HURT at a small venue and that was badass. Small venues are the best IMO.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Kings of Leon @ Mesa Amphitheater in 2009. I have seen them several times however this was the best atmosphere/weather etc.

The reason I enjoy them so much in concert is how identical they sound to the actual album.

I'm the exact opposite. I'd rather hear a band play little nuances, subtle changes, or even errors in live shows. I love it when they make it a little different from the album. If I wanted to hear it sound just like the actual album, I'll sit at home or in the car and listen to the album. From my experience... most bands that sound just like the album, are because they are using backing tracks.

Anyone seen Chevelle? I’ve heard they are really good live.

They're serviceable.

I'd have to say Sturgill Simpson at the Ryman auditorium on Halloween.

I've seen Tool twice and APC one time - But they were at an outdoor pavilion ordeal and it just wasn't as loud as it should have been IMO.

I saw Deftones and HURT at a small venue and that was badass. Small venues are the best IMO.

All of these. Now you're the kind of guy I could go to a concert with. :beer:

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
I'm the exact opposite. I'd rather hear a band play little nuances, subtle changes, or even errors in live shows. I love it when they make it a little different from the album. If I wanted to hear it sound just like the actual album, I'll sit at home or in the car and listen to the album. From my experience... most bands that sound just like the album, are because they are using backing tracks.

I should have specified its more the vocals. There is a song Charmer in which there is a high pitched scream that seems as if it would be hard to replicate... sounds the same. I like that. The tempo is a bit different but the vocals are spot on.

Reason I like that so much is because I saw Lucero in a small intimate venue and the lead singer was so trashed I couldn't even recognize half the songs until a minute and a half in. When I pay to listen to music I enjoy I want it to sound at least similar to the music I enjoy.

Even if it sounds just like the album, its the atmosphere that makes it enjoyable as well. Something my car wont give me.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Just saw Bullet for my Valentine, Breaking Benjamin and Avenged Sevenfold... it was badass. The lights were a little out of control, epileptics better stay away. Other than that, excellent show

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Finally seeing Norma Jean along with Gideon coming up in March. Norma Jean has probably been my favorite band since Redeemer came out and now Im finally getting to see them.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

331 LX

Established Member

All of these. Now you're the kind of guy I could go to a concert with. :beer:

Hell yea man!

Sturgill did When the Levee Breaks by Zep and it was super badass too.

I think one of my favorite shows or concerts I've been to honestly was Here come the mummies. LOL

Little back story here ; A buddy of mine called me one night and said "Hey this radio show just gave me tickets to here come the mummies." I'm like who the **** is that? This was before having a google button seconds away. So my buddy and I load up to go to this venue in Lexington, Ky for the show and oh my god. LOL The show was hilariously awesome.

After that I found out they were on bob and tom often and I went into the black hole of youtubing here come the mummies. It's pretty cool when you go to a concert knowing 0 about a band and they absolutely kill it.

Users who are viewing this thread