What is needed to get to 475-500 rwhp?

bbeers

I just bought a stock 04 Cobra and I am wanting to mod it to around 475-500 rwhp. Can you guys give me some ideas on which mods/tunes you would recommend for this? Also, who should I buy from?

Thanks.

Britt

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
some have gotten 475rwhp with a 2.76 upper pulley.. or a upper/lower combo. to get 500, you'll need a ported eaton. And of course, you'll need the support mods for either route. full exhaust, good intake setup, fuel mods, etc.

bigmoose

Established Member
an upper/lower combo will get you close to 475whp. for this you will need an intake, exhaust, a 2.93/4# combo, and a MAF. you should be able to get away with stock injectors and pumps.

to break 500whp you will need a port or different blower. once you get to the 500whp mark you will be close to maxing the injectors and pumps.

get anything you need from lethalperformance.com

darkone19

Banned
upper pulley (2.76), idler pulleys, intake, exhaust, PORTED BLOWER, atleast a MAFia, and a good tune you should make 480-500 RWHP/TQ.

dynobobstieg

500 RWHP:

Stiegemeier Ported Blower, Throttle Body and Plenum 60 RWHP
2.76 BilletFlow Upper Pulley
100 mm Idler
Belt
CAI (un-shrouded filter type)
NGK TR6 spark plugs
Tuner
14.5 #s boost steady no drop

That will get you to 500 RWHP

EVERY Ported Blower sent out of my shop has IDENTICAL PERFORMANCE-We stand by our workmanship Always have and Always Will.

Stiegemeier Porting has led the way to the 500 RWHP Cobra Club-Over 5 years and 2500+ Satisfied Customers

Spark plugs will be factory gapped at .038 confirm and install with a smear of anti seize on threads -Don't over tighten!
(We send an Information packet with all of our Ported Blowers Torque specks included) Please READ It.

graphken.jpg
[/

The Improved CFM will be repeated and so will your Horse Power Gain-CAR to CAR.

Your IAT2 will drop 23 Degrees this helps power and longivity. Excessive heat build up comes from over spinning the blower -Do not Exceed 18,500 rotor speed.

Stiegemeier
More information:
http://www.websitetoolbox.com/mb/dynobob
www.stiegemeier.com
636-949-2275

mike302

03BLKVENM
Established Member
500 RWHP:

Stiegemeier Ported Blower, Throttle Body and Plenum 60 RWHP
2.76 BilletFlow Upper Pulley
100 mm Idler
Belt
CAI (un-shrouded filter type)
NGK TR6 spark plugs
Tuner
14.5 #s boost steady no drop

That will get you to 500 RWHP

EVERY Ported Blower sent out of my shop has IDENTICAL PERFORMANCE-We stand by our workmanship Always have and Always Will.

Stiegemeier Porting has led the way to the 500 RWHP Cobra Club-Over 5 years and 2500+ Satisfied Customers

Spark plugs will be factory gapped at .038 confirm and install with a smear of anti seize on threads -Don't over tighten!
(We send an Information packet with all of our Ported Blowers Torque specks included) Please READ It.

graphken.jpg
[/

The Improved CFM will be repeated and so will your Horse Power Gain-CAR to CAR.

Your IAT2 will drop 23 Degrees this helps power and longivity. Excessive heat build up comes from over spinning the blower -Do not Exceed 18,500 rotor speed.

Stiegemeier
More information:
http://www.websitetoolbox.com/mb/dynobob
www.stiegemeier.com
636-949-2275

1+

or a 2.93/4# lower pulley set up to get more TQ!!!!

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah 475 - 500 starts to get tricky. If you could be happy with 460, it's a bit easier. Intake, exhaust and tune are assumed mods:

440-470: upper pulley only
455-480: upper/lower pulley combo, no port
475-520: porting and pulley(s)

These are of course generalizations but most cars will likely fall within these SAE hp numbers, there are always some people who make higher than normal numbers.

Black Sex

Established Member
i heard that if you put your car on one dyno it will say one thing and another dyno will tell you something different

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Yeah 475 - 500 starts to get tricky. If you could be happy with 460, it's a bit easier. Intake, exhaust and tune are assumed mods:

440-470: upper pulley only
455-480: upper/lower pulley combo, no port
475-520: porting and pulley(s)

These are of course generalizations but most cars will likely fall within these SAE hp numbers, there are always some people who make higher than normal numbers.

+1, there it is in a nutshell.

i heard that if you put your car on one dyno it will say one thing and another dyno will tell you something different

Correct, each dyno is calibrated differently along with weather and the car itself playing a factor.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
+1, there it is in a nutshell.

Correct, each dyno is calibrated differently along with weather and the car itself playing a factor.

+2 and
+1 All dyno's will say something different, that's why you stick to one that you like as long as they are good and you trust them.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
not going to lie, but... do it right the first time, and MOST of all, do it SAFELY... pushing the boundaries of the stock injectors, fuel pump, and MAF are a definite no no in my opinion... I'm not a professional by any means, but I have experience with different setups and I'm sure many here can compare their experiences with my own...

this is what you should do...

ported blower stage 3 and up, upper and lower pulley, SCT maf or MAFia, 55lb/60lb+ injectors, and a BAP, paired with some sort of intake (jlt, k&N fipk), exhaust (o/r or not, and catback) will guarantee 500+rwhp..

with this you, the only weak point in your car may be your clutch... but in my case, i've had my stock clutch through a kb2.2 and now a stage 4 port for over 40k miles..

each car is different...

Users who are viewing this thread