what is needed for boss intake install ?

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
just wondered what was needed to install a boss intake on my 2012 gt, i know the $11 kit from late model resto takes care of the vapor purge valve , and jlt says their cai will bolt right up , they say its tight because of the downward angle but they say it works or you can buy a 3inch coupling they sell gives you a little more room (1inch) is this needed ? also can i reuse the factory intake gaskets and such ? im installing my 47lb. injectors for e85 and thought about getting the boss to install while i was at it just wanted to know exacyly what i was getting into , thanks

Last edited:

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
The $11 parts from late model restoration was all I used and thats all you'll need for the Boss IM. However, on the JLT, I got the coupling from JLT for the boss im. No need to spend $174

Bud

Established Member
So the aftermarket intakes might fit, how about the stock intake box/tube, anybody gotten that to mate up to the Boss Intake without buying the expensive elbo?

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
I'm pretty sure boss mani comes with its own gaskets!! Don't waste ur money on that installation kit, but the $11 one that's what I did. Been running the car over a year no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread