What is going on with all the internet scammers.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Different strokes different folks. The way your boxer makes you feel is the same way my girls yorkie makes her feel. Seems odd to say 'that's too much to pay for a dog, but I paid a good bit for my dog, but it makes sense because he's bigger'

dont get so defensive lol. When I say a good bit, I mean compared to the prices you normally see on craigslist but nowhere near $3000.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
IMG_2088.JPG
Maltese/Beshion mix is nice HA dog.
Got my dog for my daughter in 08 from an local person. $400 at the time was pretty cheap. Recession pricing I guess.

CV355

_
Established Member
I caught a scammer in '08. I wanted a piebald python at the time, and they were running $5k+ for a decent one. I found one for $1.5k on Hoobly. Within 3 emails I realized it was a scam. The scammer sent me "pictures" of the snake in a box and airline tickets claiming it was already enroute and I'd face a lawsuit if I didn't pay. It was laughable.

Check out 419eater for pranks on scammers. Fun stuff. I used to mess with them until I'd get death threats. Poor bastards were probably on a $100 Greenpeace wind-up laptop...

YJSONLY

Established Member
To the op. Look on the akc website for local reputable breeders. And tell them you are looking for a pet.

Some of these yorkies have issues of bad genetics. I forget what my wife paid but was less than $1500.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Take her to a shelter and rescue a dog OP. My wife and youngest did that got a beagle and he has been an awesome dog. He is really good with my oldest who is seven and autistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
If your daughter is allergic to dogs, I would suggest something like a toy poodle that's hypoallergenic. Take a look at your local shelter and see what they have. Plenty of good dogs there that need a good home that don't carry a breeders price tag

Stanger00

Established Member
My wife and I just got a toy poodle pup and it's brown in color. Looks like a little teddy bear. Got him from a family member who planned on listing them for $400 each. Deals are out there. Poodles are the smarter ones of the small breeds.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
My wife and I just got a toy poodle pup and it's brown in color. Looks like a little teddy bear. Got him from a family member who planned on listing them for $400 each. Deals are out there. Poodles are the smarter ones of the small breeds.

Poodles are working dogs. They are a step up the evolutionary ladder from terriers.*

All terriers are high strung, high energy yippee dogs.

*dramatization

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Poodles are working dogs. They are a step up the evolutionary ladder from terriers.*

All terriers are high strung, high energy yippee dogs.

*dramatization

In my experience, terriers have some terrible personality/behavior characteristics. Somehow people find it cute and acceptable in something tiny. My dog would have to be muzzled/put down if she did the same stuff.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
If you're set on it I'd scour the country for the tea cup yorkie. Or just go find a litter that has a runt which is what my ex wife did(she paid 1K for the runt of a miniature litter). That dog was 4# fully grown and i think i was more upset about losing her when we split.

However, i got to keep the rescue dog, which is a yorkie/jack Russell mix...and you talk about a hilarious dog with loads of personality. I go out of town nearly every weekend in the summer and we can't take him, people ask if they can dogsit because he's just fun to be around.

That said, i was seeing a patient at home the other day and their yorkie bit me a couple times...not hard, just trying to scare me...i brought a treat next visit, and he's my best friend, problem solved.

My coworkers make fun of me..."you look like a big dog kinda guy"... they have hunting dogs that don't hunt...well, enjoy sweeping your entire house daily with your indoor lab!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Since labs and poodle were mentioned I'll throw in my 2 cents. We picked up a merle labradoodle this spring. She is now 9 months old and 52 pounds. She's developing into one of the smartest dogs I've been around and she looks like a bear. The best part is she sheds very little, especially if she gets brushed:
FullSizeRender (1).jpg

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Hotspot , I know that is not how it is spelled, but my wife has one .
We have had Lizxy for almost 12 years, and is a great dog.
No shedding , loyal , good watch dog , well I guess she watches them.
But in all honestly she is good at hearing if something is not right outside , and Wil bark then, otherwise there is no barking .
I have 2 Sharpei , which go everywhere with me , and half the time I have the wife's dog as well .

madscotsman

Established Member
Since labs and poodle were mentioned I'll throw in my 2 cents. We picked up a merle labradoodle this spring. She is now 9 months old and 52 pounds. She's developing into one of the smartest dogs I've been around and she looks like a bear. The best part is she sheds very little, especially if she gets brushed:
View attachment 79272

Love that picture :)
Cool looking dog there, got any more pics closer up? Wife saw a mini-micro-doodle at a local car show and was in love. Looked like a miniature version of yours...

Users who are viewing this thread