What is an upgrade to the "Track Pack"

ssvt500

hey gents,

Just looking for a little more grip. who has started mismatching parts on there track pack 500 and seen improvements? I'm not sure how great the "Track pack" is but I for sure don't want to make things worse. panhard bar, LCA'S, are the relocation brackets needed sence the car is lower from the factory? having a hard time finding builds on track pack car...

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I would say by the list below that the Track Pack does not have any unique suspension parts included in the optional package. It looks more like the Track Pack keeps temps in check under severe use/conditions?

The Shelby GT500™ Performance Package puts the focus on substance and performance. It includes:
• TORSEN® differential
• 19-inch painted forged-aluminum front wheels
• 20-inch painted forged-aluminum rear wheels
• P265/40-19(F) P285/35-20(R) tires
• Bilstein™ adjustable dampers
• Unique rear springs
• Unique instrument cluster and a unique gear shift knob

The SVT Track Pack includes:
• External engine oil cooler
• Transmission cooler pump
• Differential cooler

^^^^^The SVT Performance Package on the other hand does have some unique suspension parts and I think it includes the narrow over-the-top stripes also.

R

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Does Ford sell kits to install the trans and diff cooler? That seems like something I'd install.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Does Ford sell kits to install the trans and diff cooler? That seems like something I'd install.

The diff. cooler is much more doable that the trans. The diff is all external parts and power would have to be brought to the pump and sensor. <<And this is "if" there is not an electronic module that controls the function? The trans cooler is not so easy, the pump that circulates the fluid for that cooling system is in the sump of the 6 speed transmission and adding that cooling system will probably require buying the transmission from a car that had that option, unless there is a way to retro that internal pump to a non-Track Pack trans and also drill and tap for the feed and return to the transmission case. The cooler which mounts up front will also require that plumbing.

R

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
If you want grip, forget about the coolers. Lower rear control relocation brackets, upper control arm and mount. Upgrade rear lower control arms (adjustable prefered if installed relo brackets. Poly bushing is fine, but if you repeatedly race at the strip, youll want to consider rod end adjust arms.

*edit*
The next step would be to swap to softer springs and double adjustable shocks. Id only do that if you were looking for every tenth at the track.

If its a street car, the standard GT500 springs should be fine. The SVTPP springs are incredibly rigid though, and Ive found can hurt grip even on the street.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
No Track Package option on pre 2013 GT500s'.

2011 GT500 Performance Package
SVT Performance Package includes 3.73 gear ratio with limited-slip differential, 19-in. x 9.5-in. painted, forged aluminum wheels with P265/40R19 front tires, 20-in. x 9.5-in. painted, forged-aluminum wheels with P285/35R20 rear tires, unique front and rear springs, unique rear shocks, unique shift knob, unique Shelby stripes, unique bodyside stripes, unique spoiler with Gurney Flap, and under-belly aerodynamic shield

Users who are viewing this thread