What is a used t56 worth??

gawnin60

Established Member
Can someone give me a roundabout estimate of what a used cobra t56 is worth? It is out of a car with 64,xxx miles. No shifter on it. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Can someone give me a roundabout estimate of what a used cobra t56 is worth? It is out of a car with 64,xxx miles. No shifter on it. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
It's worth double it's price in parts.

As I recall those 5th and 6th gears are OOP and fetch a pretty penny.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
It's worth double it's price in parts.

As I recall those 5th and 6th gears are OOP and fetch a pretty penny.
Yep. Sold my 5th and 6th gear for 150 each.....5 years ago!! I had other internal issues, so I had to take it apart anyway. Each part of the case went for 250-300 at that time too. Front plate hasnt been made in quite some time either.
Hell, just sell the tranny to me for $250 and be done with it...hahahahaha
Honestly, I'd say 1,000-1,250 in good working order.

cj428mach

Established Member
I think they go for close to 2k for one in good condition and a 26 spline input shaft. The t56 I blew up took out 2nd and 3rd gear if I remember correctly. I was able to sell the 26 spline input shaft, the surviving gears, and tail housing for around $1300 if I remember correctly.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I sold mine, 45k miles, no Bell Housing, with an MGW, 10 Spline, with a clutch fork, all in working order with the correct yoke for $1600. That was in 2017.

Users who are viewing this thread