What is a realistic date for the 15 reveal?

AtlantaGT500

Established Member
I have heard we should see the real deal next month and I have heard next year. What says SVTP

Zodiac

Established Member
I believe NY auto show in April. The 1965 Mustang debuted in NY on I believe the 17th, I would think they would do it on the 50th anniversary, just saying.

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
NY will probably be the offical reveal, production to begin in late spring, early summer, with anniversary units first in build

Blackdevil77

Established Member
So basically we're not gonna know what this thing looks like or much about it besides speculation until April??? I thought we would see this thing in January. When is it supposed to hit dealerships?

TTA89

Established Member
So basically we're not gonna know what this thing looks like or much about it besides speculation until April??? I thought we would see this thing in January. When is it supposed to hit dealerships?

There is a huge segment of the population that doesn't know a new Mustang is coming or that it's the 50th anniversary. Ford will want to milk the 2014 sales for as long as they can before having to create incentives to get rid of stock.

Why would they announce it now and kill the next 6 months of Mustang sales?

Blackdevil77

Established Member
There is a huge segment of the population that doesn't know a new Mustang is coming or that it's the 50th anniversary. Ford will want to milk the 2014 sales for as long as they can before having to create incentives to get rid of stock.

Why would they announce it now and kill the next 6 months of Mustang sales?

You mean like what Chevy did with the C7 Corvette? Don't know, just figured that's how it worked. When are they supposed to hit dealerships?

AtlantaGT500

Established Member
I guess I should have been more specific. When will we see the official car. I find it hard to believe that we won't even see pictures until April. I mean we already are getting the pics of the front end. Probably an impossible question to answer.

mtrsprt

Established Member
I guess I should have been more specific. When will we see the official car. I find it hard to believe that we won't even see pictures until April. I mean we already are getting the pics of the front end. Probably an impossible question to answer.
If the car is going to hit the dealers lots by March/April... (In which they WILL), we will be able to see the final product and be able to order by no later than Jan 30th.

Don't be surprised if Ford introduces the car to us before the end of November.............

The car is 95-98% done at this point.....

Info acquired by Assembly line employee and long time friend.

Rick88LX

Established Member
If the car is going to hit the dealers lots by March/April... (In which they WILL), we will be able to see the final product and be able to order by no later than Jan 30th.

Don't be surprised if Ford introduces the car to us before the end of November.............

The car is 95-98% done at this point.....

Info acquired by Assembly line employee and long time friend.

It's not being introduced by the end of November. I know several engineers on the program. My old roommate is one of the body hardware engineers. And a high school buddy is one of the brake engineers.
I'll contact my friends in Public Affairs and see what they say.

Rick88LX

Established Member
It's not being introduced by the end of November. I know several engineers on the program. My old roommate is one of the body hardware engineers. And a high school buddy is one of the brake engineers.
I'll contact my friends in Public Affairs and see what they say.

I must correct myself as I was wrong. I spoke to two people in Public Affairs last week and they both said it will be revealed at the L.A. Show at the end of November.

Users who are viewing this thread