What if I told you...

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
That's what the previous 4 posts are about.

I didn't know if anyone was actually referencing the confirmed weight from the video or just still talking about your original post where you said it was going to weigh less than originally announced. I get it, I'm slow lol.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Like I've said numerous times...and I'll say it again.

If this car puts down world class times on tracks, and is easy for the common person to operate, does it matter if it weighs 3800 or 4500?

No.

Full street trim ran a 10.665. lol FASTER than Ford's claim.

Of course not. Weight only matters and is used as a negative when talking Dodge, duh!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Of course not. Weight only matters and is used as a negative when talking Dodge, duh!

No? Nice try though.

If my ACR weighed 4500lbs and ran around Laguna Seca at 1:33...I'd still want it lol

blk02edge

Established Member
You’re a disgrace to the uniform. Step aside patawon.

If the non carbon car is 4080lbs with 2 gallons, and that car weighs about 75lbs less with the cftp, 4166-75=4089lbs with full gas.

Take out 90lbs of fuel and a cftp will be a sliver under 4000 for 2 laps.
Just keep getting your facts from Forza on arcade mode. Who tf said anything about the CFTP? OP claimed the base car was 4080lbs with full tank, I called it out and OP was wrong. Either it had a full tank and the scale was off or the car was empty

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
No? Nice try though.

If my ACR weighed 4500lbs and ran around Laguna Seca at 1:33...I'd still want it lol

come on man, don’t act blind. You know that when discussing Demon and or Hellcats, weight gets thrown in as a negative ALL the time.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just keep getting your facts from Forza on arcade mode. Who tf said anything about the CFTP? OP claimed the base car was 4080lbs with full tank, I called it out and OP was wrong. Either it had a full tank and the scale was off or the car was empty

Was that directed at me?

We'll know pretty quick when @Tob 's arrives.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m with you... don’t care much about weight, as long as it performs.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I’m with you... don’t care much about weight, as long as it performs.

I know weight gets thrown around, but the Hellcats DO NOT PERFORM on a road course. They would fair much better at lower weights.

The MY20 GT500 rips around a road course, it would fair even better at a lower rate. But right now, we have proof it runs sub 10.7 in the 1/4, performs exceptionally well on the road course AND came in well under the 4225# advertised weight. WIN WIN WIN.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

I think you need a day away from raging on the keyboard sir. It’s a digital age. The next Shelby is an electric Mach e

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I know weight gets thrown around, but the Hellcats DO NOT PERFORM on a road course. They would fair much better at lower weights.

The MY20 GT500 rips around a road course, it would fair even better at a lower rate. But right now, we have proof it runs sub 10.7 in the 1/4, performs exceptionally well on the road course AND came in well under the 4225# advertised weight. WIN WIN WIN.

They aren’t for the road course. Come one man! Lol

hellcats perform. Demon performs. Dodge performs.

btw, I wasn’t and have never dogged on the 500. I dog on people that are biased.

I am a big fan of the 500. I am a big fan of ALL great performing cars.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
They aren’t for the road course. Come one man! Lol

hellcats perform. Demon performs. Dodge performs.

btw, I wasn’t and have never dogged on the 500. I dog on people that are biased.

I am a big fan of the 500. I am a big fan of ALL great performing cars.

How are they not for the road course?

Ford just arbitrarily chose to engineer the car on road courses with gt4 knowledge and drivers, with gt4 suspension and handling inputs?

I think the gt500 is far more road course designed than the 2012 zl1, or the average gt car.

It was literally built lap by lap, not board room to board room meeting.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
How are they not for the road course?

Ford just arbitrarily chose to engineer the car on road courses with gt4 knowledge and drivers, with gt4 suspension and handling inputs?

I think the gt500 is far more road course designed than the 2012 zl1, or the average gt car.

It was literally built lap by lap, not board room to board room meeting.

we were talking about the hellcats. Lol

blk02edge

Established Member
I think you need a day away from raging on the keyboard sir. It’s a digital age. The next Shelby is an electric Mach e
I enjoy the debate. You have to keep in mind i've never actually said anything negative about the GT500 other than Fords horse ass release and the stupid ass CFTP golden shit ticket. I've been very impressed with what they've actually done with the car with the press events and the real world feedback is just lightyears ahead of the C8. Weight aside. Also appreciate that this very well could be the last great Ford until the current leadership takes us down the hipster queer MachcuckE route.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I'm not saying this number is inaccurate, but lets wait before we call this 100%.

I used to use scales like this some years back and it won't surprise me if the car is actually 40lbs heavier or lighter than this number.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I believe those types of scales round by 10lbs increments.

Ive dumped many loads and haven’t seen any 5’s, but I have seen 60/70/80/90 etc.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I enjoy the debate. You have to keep in mind i've never actually said anything negative about the GT500 other than Fords horse ass release and the stupid ass CFTP golden shit ticket. I've been very impressed with what they've actually done with the car with the press events and the real world feedback is just lightyears ahead of the C8. Weight aside. Also appreciate that this very well could be the last great Ford until the current leadership takes us down the hipster queer MachcuckE route.

Honestly it’s healthy to have differing opinions. It’s not healthy to have an iron fist policy of like it always or leave and your inputs help with overall discussion. Ford isn’t perfect for sure

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
That the weight of a 2020 GT500 (NON-CFTP) comes in less than 4100#?

View attachment 1609879

And what if I told you...that with that news and everything else we've seen I'm most likely going to be contacting you for an allocation for a '21. This car is literally too good to pass up. I'm bummed about no manual but that DCT is really well-done from everything we've seen so far.

An MO to CO roadtrip would be fun and with the break-in not complete I wouldn't be tempted to get arrested in Western KS...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And what if I told you...that with that news and everything else we've seen I'm most likely going to be contacting you for an allocation for a '21. This car is literally too good to pass up. I'm bummed about no manual but that DCT is really well-done from everything we've seen so far.

An MO to CO roadtrip would be fun and with the break-in not complete I wouldn't be tempted to get arrested in Western KS...

I'm with you. I'm 99.99999% sure I'm going to snag a 2021 myself.

Users who are viewing this thread