What if I told you...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That the weight of a 2020 GT500 (NON-CFTP) comes in less than 4100#?

giphy.gif

blk02edge

Established Member
Ill believe that when I see it on proper race scales and not a commercial scale that may or may not have been calibrated. Why would ford lie about it weighing 4225...

4VFTW

Established Member
Ill believe that when I see it on proper race scales and not a commercial scale that may or may not have been calibrated. Why would ford lie about it weighing 4225...
Ford said 4225 estimated. 4081 would also be with little if any fuel in it so add around 70#'s for curb weight.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nick,
Does the dealer keep the Certificate of Origin?
No. That goes to the state it'll be registered in.
Didnt lie.

This is also with a full tank of fuel.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

blk02edge

Established Member
Just sayin I wouldn't be using a shipping scale as absolute fact.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So the Certificate of Origin comes from the factory and is completed by the dealer?

Nice to see the weight of the GT-500 coming down from the initial Ford estimate.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I am a little concerned about the new Horse Power rating (43.83 H.P.), but it should lower the insurance cost. I'm good with that, it's 3.83 H.P. more that my 61 VW Beetle and I loved that car.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Another question I have is if that 4,081 number is a base car with 0 options? That would include the heavier heated/cooled seats. Recaros should shave off roughly 30lbs off that figure if that is the case?

Snoopy49

Established Member
Another question I have is if that 4,081 number is a base car with 0 options? That would include the heavier heated/cooled seats. Recaros should shave off roughly 30lbs off that figure if that is the case?

@Tob's car has these options. Recaro Seats, Technology Package and Handling Pack

Users who are viewing this thread