What IAT temps are you SC guys seeing

DaveWertz

Established Member
Finally got to put some miles on my car this weekend, took it to Numidia Dragway In PA for a car show. It was a steady 94 out with what felt like 100% humidity. While driving I was seeing an average of 130 degrees IAT reading. Sitting it traffic it spiked at 170. What temps are most of you seeing and are you IC, aftercooled or non. I am currently non cooled right now with a lightning IAT directly after the first bend after the blower.

DaveWertz

Established Member
Finally got to put some miles on my car this weekend, took it to Numidia Dragway In PA for a car show. It was a steady 94 out with what felt like 100% humidity. While driving I was seeing an average of 130 degrees IAT reading. Sitting it traffic it spiked at 170. What temps are most of you seeing and are you IC, aftercooled or non. I am currently non cooled right now with a lightning IAT directly after the first bend after the blower.
Can this be moved to the blower bistro

Helomech74

Established Member
While cruising I barely see any temps over ambient. After a long pull or on the dyno when tuning I had temps that were around 40-50 degrees over ambient, but they settled down real quick. I running a 6" core intercooler with 3.5" inlet and outlet piping.

DaveWertz

Established Member
While cruising I barely see any temps over ambient. After a long pull or on the dyno when tuning I had temps that were around 40-50 degrees over ambient, but they settled down real quick. I running a 6" core intercooler with 3.5" inlet and outlet piping.
Wow. This weekend it was around 90-95. Cruising I was seeing 130-140 IAT's. After a hard pull, 150. Red light to red light it got as high as 170.... Im non IC atm

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I know mine is a new edge but with the procharger 3 core air to air and power pipe (filter down in the fender by the bumper) IATs are just above ambient like the other guys, even at a light it doesn't climb too much and drops as soon as you start moving

DaveWertz

Established Member
I know mine is a new edge but with the procharger 3 core air to air and power pipe (filter down in the fender by the bumper) IATs are just above ambient like the other guys, even at a light it doesn't climb too much and drops as soon as you start moving
As soon as I can save the funds I am going IC. And after some opinions about making things fit. I don't want to spend 1k piecing things together. So after I can find which IC, piping, ect to use I will start to purchase some things. The procharger system seems to be the best option, but procharger told me they were unsure it would mount to my Vortech head unit? How would it not?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The Procharger set up will work with the Vortech. They have to say that to cover themselves. Only weird part will be having an intercooler that says Procharger while the blower says Vortech. I ran the same Procharger intercooler set up with a D1, T trim, and F1A in my 01 Cobra.

I never saw more than a few degrees above ambient with that set up. Even with the F1A.

DaveWertz

Established Member
The Procharger set up will work with the Vortech. They have to say that to cover themselves. Only weird part will be having an intercooler that says Procharger while the blower says Vortech. I ran the same Procharger intercooler set up with a D1, T trim, and F1A in my 01 Cobra.

I never saw more than a few degrees above ambient with that set up. Even with the F1A.
One question I do have is, since I would need to rotate the blower, would I need to completely remove it? As you all know it is a PITA to remove. Haven't paid much attention if its just as simple as loosening a few bolts, rotate and tighten....

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
One question I do have is, since I would need to rotate the blower, would I need to completely remove it? As you all know it is a PITA to remove. Haven't paid much attention if its just as simple as loosening a few bolts, rotate and tighten....
Yes. You'll need to remove the blower from the bracket to rotate it. At that point it's loosen a few bolts and turn it. I'd check a couple times before tightening everything back down.

DaveWertz

Established Member
Yes. You'll need to remove the blower from the bracket to rotate it. At that point it's loosen a few bolts and turn it. I'd check a couple times before tightening everything back down.
Good deal. Makes things easier ordering the kit rather than piecing things together. I wish I could have done it to start but my budget was well over. I really didn't think IAT would be as far off as they are. Pretty crazy. Still learning....

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Good deal. Makes things easier ordering the kit rather than piecing things together. I wish I could have done it to start but my budget was well over. I really didn't think IAT would be as far off as they are. Pretty crazy. Still learning....
I always tell people to get the intercooler. It was one of the reasons I liked Procharger back in the day. All their kits come with intercoolers.

I was in Az a couple weekends ago and I was seeing 145+ IAT's in my 04. And I could feel it.

Users who are viewing this thread