What holes for LCA reloc. brackets, ride heighth question & more

bumplime

Established Member
I installed my FRPP springs today along with the BMR relocation brackets, I bolted my LCAs into the bottom hole, is this ok, is there a reason not to?
I have non adjustable J&M lowers and a J&M adjustable upper. Prior to intsall my Pinion was -2, couldnt recheck it due to not having a way to have the entire car lifted.
Also, I dont have my panhard bar yet, my rearend is shifted about .5" to the passengers side. What are the risks of driving it this way until my panhard bar arrives?
Lastly, checking my ride height after install(forgot to check prior) Im at about 27.5 front and 28 rear, does this sound right?

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I would say its better to drive your car a little before adjusting the panhard so your springs can settle. The ride height will change from car to car due to weight, diffetents mods and suspension work. As far as the lower bolt, I keep my Lca's parallel to the pavement for best all around traction and performance. Depending on your applications for the car the lca placement will change

Ethereal_Zer0

Established Member
I'm glad you asked this question bumpline, my LCA relo brackets just got here yesterday and I was wondering the same thing. Parallel to the ground is the middle hole I'm guessing? What application would you recommend the bottom hole for, drag racing?

kent1

Established Member
I originally used the lowered hole but after experimenting on the road it seem to want to go sideways. Before I did the lowered relocation brackets I had no problems at all going full blast and shifting gears.

Then I put it in the middle hole and it did not go sideways any more when shifting from first to second gear at 6400 rpm's. I ran it at the track this way and had no problems.

My car is mostly street use with a few trips to the track each year. Hope this helps.

Ethereal_Zer0

Established Member
I originally used the lowered hole but after experimenting on the road it seem to want to go sideways. Before I did the lowered relocation brackets I had no problems at all going full blast and shifting gears.

Then I put it in the middle hole and it did not go sideways any more when shifting from first to second gear at 6400 rpm's. I ran it at the track this way and had no problems.

My car is mostly street use with a few trips to the track each year. Hope this helps.
I'll try this out when I do my install. That's interesting you went sideways when it was in the bottom hole, I would have guessed that it sat back better in that position. I am by no means an expert though lol, all my knowledge is purely speculation :shrug: Thanks for the advice! What kind of '60s were you cutting with it in the middle hole? And what other supporting mods/tires did you have?

Users who are viewing this thread