what happened to the thread on....

i8u

Established Member
Bulletproofing (puppy proofing) the rear seat?
I've tried a search and came up with nothing.:??:

Reason is I just aquired a bulldog puppy. The only way he gets to ride in the snake is if I can protect from urine and defication?

Suggestions would be greatly appreaciated.

What do you guys think of the name lugnut?:beer:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Lugnut is good. How about Paxton or Vortech or NOS or Vibe. LOL j/k. Can't help you on the seat issue, just wanted to throw some dog names out there. Good luck.

03DOHC

Established Member
Tie him to the bumper! Problem solved!:)

J/K. I wouldn't let the dog come in the car. The dog rides in my Old Ladies Honda, not the Cobra!

Jimbo found the thread.

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
I8u,

Excellent choice on your dog selection. I have a bulldog too. 1 1/2 year old. I named him Bullitt (after the 1968 Steve Mcqueen movie). That was before I even considered getting a Mustang.

I had posted a thread asking about car seat protection a month or so ago. Didn't get much of a response other than what you see above
"...don't let him ride in the Cobra...".

I gave Bullitt a quick ride around town this morning in the 03. I covered the entire front seat with a giant bed blanket. It is pretty absorbant but just incase, you might want to put an additional layer under the blanket (since he is still being potty trained). I don't care what the other guys say about letting my dog ride in the Cobra. He kicks ass and so does the car. They belong together.

back on the subject though... Call Oakley about the covers. Sounds like they should be able to custom design the rear seat covers for you. Let me know what you find out.

THanks

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
Lighten up, I was joking. Jimbo linked the Wet Okole thread from earlier which was what I was going to do, but he beat me to it.:)

i8u

Established Member
Thanks everyone!:beer: :thumbsup:

Ygohome- Does your bulldog snore and fart too?

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
Last edited:

Mowgli

Established Member
You got the Alcantara suede seats Scotch-Guarded?

What did it do to the nap?

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
Neoprene seat covers for dogs?

I have Wet Okoles in my truck ( a 100% neoprene seat cover) and love them. I don't have a dog but I am an avid duck hunter and learned the first (and last) day I hunted in a set of neoprene waders that they suck for snags because unless they are bound to cordura or some other rip-stop material they rip easily. I see a dog's nails easily ripping the Wet Okoles, so the first time you take snoopy for a ride and hammer it he's gonna hold on for dear life and your seat covers are going to get ugly quick! Just my .02.

Jerry

Gumball

Established Member
You asked for suggestions so here goes: my previous truck was a Land Rover Discovery (a collosal pos). They made specific seat covers for the back seats (125lb Rhodesian Ridgeback) made of some kind of nylon with a backing that looked like wax paper. Stuff wore like iron, 4 yrs old and still have them. My thought is you could contact a Rover dealer and try and track down the manufacturer. I know it's a stretch but it doesn't look you're having much luck. FYI they were a pain to put on and take off but once on, they never moved.

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
The fiance gave me a golden retriever for Valentine's Day and the dog rode in my '98 with no problems. Then the '03 came and there are still no problems. She (the dog) is 8 months old and weighs 70llb. As soon as she hears the doors unlock, she is as excited as me to go for a drive. She puts her head out the window and thinks she is queen of the world (again, the dog). Although, I make her stay in the back, because she nearly scratched the paint when in the front seat and leaning out. So far so good.

Drive safe.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread