What happened to the On3 SINGLE turbo kit for Coyote's?

jeffs

Established Member
More parts / complication with the twins imo. Both very capable of making great power. Twins might look a little more bad-ass in some people's eyes?

jeffs

Established Member
Not here at work, It has went 6.7@108 in the eighth in 9000' DA. Previously with a 5C converter and Paxton the best I ever did was a 7.2@97MPH at the same track. I'm pretty certain it can go a mid 6, as I've had some serious issues getting the car to shift before hitting the rev limiter on the 1-2 at wot.

Last edited:

WIST2013GT

Established Member
Not here at work, It has went 6.7@108 in the eighth in 9000' DA, previously with a 5C converter and Paxton the best I ever did was a 7.2@97MPH at the same track. I'm pretty certain it can go a mid 6, as I've had some serious issues getting the car to shift before hitting the rev limiter on the 1-2 at wot.

Awesome! When did you order your kit? Did you have fitment issues? I have really been debating turbo vs VMP stuff...

4VFTW

Established Member
Jeffs, why don't you give us some details about the install and any issues. Inquiring minds want to know.

Reaper14

Established Member
Ya I should of gone turbo! I would probably still be waiting for the CPR kit though. The wait on that is why I chose whipple. But should of gone on3

Vic

jeffs

Established Member
Awesome! When did you order your kit? Did you have fitment issues? I have really been debating turbo vs VMP stuff...
I ordered it in the fall of 2018, and received the kit less than a weak later. I had a few exhaust tweaks I had to make. I had to cut, and re-weld in 2 places to get the piping aimed correctly and put a clearance dent in the pipe after the down-pipe to miss a suspension component. If you want simple, fun power that'll work great without having to have a specific stall converter, 2step rev limiter, more than likely a trans-brake "if you really want to launch the best you possibly can, go PD blower all day. If you don't mind fiddling with all the stuff I mentioned, the turbo has potential to be quite a bit faster imo, But keep in mind, I'm that guy with all the crap to support a decent running automatic turbo Coyote car, and I'm certain there's blower cars out there that will simply kick my butt... IMO you get out what you put in regardless of how you want to have fun / go fast.

jeffs

Established Member
Jeffs, why don't you give us some details about the install and any issues. Inquiring minds want to know.
Sorry, I just don't get on here that much any more. I basically had all winter long and was in no hurry whatsoever, but it was a long process for sure. I actually had time to remove my motor, and have the bottom end built with forged stuff, and can say that putting on the manifolds, merge-pipe, and all the accessories was much easier for me than someone installing all that stuff with the motor in the car. I would absolutely pull the engine to do the work I did regardless of doing the engine work itself. Everything else is pretty much just figure it out step by step. If anyone here is installing one just ask particular questions and I'll tell you how I dealt with it in my garage. BTW The ecu / fusebox / and windshield washer tank movement to enable the charge pipe after the inter-cooler to be fitted took quite a bit of head scratching. I'll try to maybe attach some picture here one of these days to show you what I did.

jeffs

Established Member
Ya I should of gone turbo! I would probably still be waiting for the CPR kit though. The wait on that is why I chose whipple. But should of gone on3

Vic
You would more than likely still be waiting for the CPR deal, lol. Whipples are super nice, and any pd blower's going to be pretty simple and effective. The grass isn't always greener, lol. If I had a choice between a nice Whipple and a CPR kit I'd probably choose the CPR kit, and that is (if) I could physically see / touch the Turbo kit lol. Here's a little bit of a news flash, a lot of people wait a very long time to physically see / touch their turbo components from CPR boy.

Last edited:

4VFTW

Established Member
Thx for responding Jeffs. Been kicking around the idea of selling my Procharger and picking this kit up with the 80mm upgrade.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Thx for responding Jeffs. Been kicking around the idea of selling my Procharger and picking this kit up with the 80mm upgrade.

Youll think you died and went to Heaven.

Centri to turbo is a HUGE upgrade. ... not that your car isnt fast, but turbo opens up a whole new world.

usdm420

Established Member
I am currently troubleshooting my ON3 single kit. We're getting spark blow out up top at 6100 rpms. The car definitely wants to make power though. This is on 91 pump with Boostane.

The blue graph was on older Brisk plugs...and they dipped around 5400. Slapped in new NGK 6510's gapped at .025 and it looks like it had enough juice to move the spark dip to 6100. New coil packs are on order, these are the stock ones from 2012 and the car has 119k miles so they're probably due for replacement.

dyno.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread