What(Grill emblem) tool do I need? Where can I get it?

03cobra#116

Established Member
A local shop replaced by stock grill Mustang with a Cobra emblem, and I'd like to put the Mustang back.

It looks like a tamper-proof set of screws with a head that looks like it would fit an allen wrench with curves but it has a little nipple in the middle to block a standard wrench.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member

black 10th vert

Established Member
Or, if you have a Harbor Freight store locally, they carry them for very cheap. That is not a tool you will use frequently, so I would be the cheapest set you can for that. I always by the best for my frequently used sets of sockets, open end wrenches, etc., but for one of tools like that, HF are perfect since they won't see a lot of use/abuse.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
yeah Harbor Freight has like a 100 piece security tool bit kit for like 10 bucks.

It's cheap and has come in handy a lot.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
good choice on changing it out I like the horse myself

03cobra#116

Established Member
Thanks, everyone.

I tried my local NAPA -- but now I know where to go.

This forum is a wealth of information.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
These torx sets are called tamperproof torx? Is that just because they have the nip in the middle that doesnt let you use regular torx? It frustrates me i cant use normal torx :(

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Hey i dont know if you got my message phatty, but what wheels are those?

They look a bit like black 2010 GT500 wheels, and the brakes look like either Vintage Venom F14s or GT500 14" Brembos.

Those brakes need an 18 with generous spoke clearance.

Looks pretty bad ass!:rockon: While being HARD CORE FUNCTIONAL at the same time!

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
They look a bit like black 2010 GT500 wheels, and the brakes look like either Vintage Venom F14s or GT500 14" Brembos.

Those brakes need an 18 with generous spoke clearance.

Looks pretty bad ass!:rockon: While being HARD CORE FUNCTIONAL at the same time!

Geez Jimmy good eyes. His cardomain page says the are GT500 and the brakes are Cobra R Big Brake Kit.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
HA HA! Maybe not so good eyes after all!
The Cobra R kit is a 13" kit not 14" and would have lots of room inside those 18s.
I couldn't see the gap that well at that angle, so I was winging it

Ya i did get your pm but i rarely check pms since my popupblocker never tells me when i have new ones. Ya they are '10 gt500 wheels, and i did need a spacer in the front, think only 5 mil. :rockon:

If your considering it here are a couple of shots: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ng-help-my-research-paper-about-hitler-2.html

Since getting them i have yet to take a picture that looks as good as they do in person. And iv taken ALOT of pictures. Point n shoot digital just never focus' right with the sun/white/black :shrug:

Last edited:

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
man i love those wheels! sorry OP to hijack this thread haha. i JUST sent off my saleens to get widened...almost wishing i would have gotten these in machined!

PapaT

Established Member
I've always called them security bits, but yeah I have a set of 30 or so that I got from O'Reillys for something ridiculously low like $5

Users who are viewing this thread