What gears are suggested

BobL

Established Member
My aftermarket reservoir was really just a dress up add on. I don't think it adds much capacity ie.. or helps cooling. As far as cooling mods, The Reisch 170* made a lot of difference. Have a Killer Chiller sitting for years, just can't find a mechanic I trust to put it in. My AC works so damn good, hate to have someone screw it up.
Okay, did I mention I am completely ignorant about cars and just starting to get into details, what is a Reisch 170* and a killer chiller, what does that do for an engine and while I got your ear, what foes it mean when someone uses the term PO and the boost of whatever. Really appreciate the help, will try and keep questions to minimal.

Bob

cobracide

Established Member
When people talk about boost or something PO, what are these terms meaning? Do you mind if I bounce things off of you, I am a newbie and there is so much to digest, like the guy discussing a certain thermostat and cooling reservoirs for the radiator?

Thanks

Bob
Cooling - 170* Reische Performance Thermostat

Boost is supercharger PSI.

Killer Chiller is for the supercharger inter-cooler and you don't have that on your car. I removed the reference from my post for clarification.

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
When people talk about boost or something PO, what are these terms meaning? Do you mind if I bounce things off of you, I am a newbie and there is so much to digest, like the guy discussing a certain thermostat and cooling reservoirs for the radiator?

Thanks

Bob
You will pick up the lingo and automotive acronyms as you go. Google each thing as you see them.

Power adders, SC (supercharged), boosted, FI (forced induction), Turbo, TT (twin turboed) are all ways of putting pressurized air into the intake and giving the engine boost torque-wise and HP-wise.

It is the antithesis of NA (naturally aspirated)

That's why a boosted car can do with a 3:73 or 3:55, because it has the torque, depth, omph or dig to dig itself out and take advantage of that gear from a standing start.

The confusion starts when folks start using taller and shorter, higher and lower gears, because it seems to be different and the opposite in meaning to different folks....but "more gear" generally means going to a higher ratio (and needing less torque to get the car rolling) in the rear gear.

As far as PO goes, it depends on the context. I would guess it might mean previous owner is some cases.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread