what gear 4 a 2007 gt auto

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
my cuz got's a 2007 gt auto. he wants to know if 4.10 would be to much the car is stock he has plane to do bolt on .

S197man

Established Member
I you want to seriously drag race- 4.10's.

More of a fun street car- 3.73's.

I would avoid 4.10's on a daily driver.

S197man

Established Member
I have 4.10s on my manual car and love them. Not sure what they're like on an auto

The 4.10's are much more harsh on an Auto car. Especially for a DD.

4.10's are about just right for a manual.

usafimj

Established Member
The 4.10's are much more harsh on an Auto car. Especially for a DD.

4.10's are about just right for a manual.

There are lots of people with autos using 4.10s and even some with FI

thanks 4 the info. its a dd what size does it have in it right now.

There should be a sticker on the rear axle cover that says what you should have

=fast=

Established Member
I took off the 4.10s on my car, its good for the 1/8th of mile but thats about it, i race 3 camaros already, the 1st one with bolt ons was from 60mph, i will jump him but he will pass me bout 2 n cars, the 2nd one was caming n bolts ons from 10mph i got him like about 2 cars but he was catching me, 2nd time he wan it from dead stop so we went got him for 3 cars he let go he was spinning bad, the 3rd camaro was caming too saw him at the track with slicks on it, found him on the way back home so i race him just one time from 40mph 2nd gear jump him, on the middle of 3rd gear he was catching me but we stop, that same camaro my friend (351inside) race him on the freway from 60 he got him for 2cars, he gots cold air intake, tune, n x pipe, manual stock gear, mine had the same bolt ons on my sign, thats why i took off the 4.10's put the 3.73, runs much better taking it to the track tomorrow see what it runs. by the way im selling the 4.10's 100 bucks, they said that they work better on and auto.

ZChaos0026

Established Member
i live in a rural area and went 4.10's on my 02 gt auto and it killed my mileage. ive got an 06 gt auto and i put 3.73's in it. i love it, no or very little change in mileage but of course i got the nice boost in acceleration. i often times wonder if the 3.90s woulda been a nice 'tween gear cause obviously the 3.73's didnt feel the same as the 4.10's

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Usually people with:

Autos go 3.73s
Manual go with 4.10s

3.73s in Autos have been considered LIKE 4.10s in a manual and vise versa. Obiously their not but that's what I have read over the years. I went FFRP 4.10s in my 06 manual and loved them.

Also to the person who asked about the 3.90s making whining sounds. If gears aren't installed right, yes they can all whine but IMO I would stay away from any brand that isn't Ford Racing. I believe Richmond makes 3.90s, that is probably why you hear those "horro stories" you're talking about. Do it the right way and spend the little extra money on FFRP. IMO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread