What else is needed to install Speedhut gauges on our cars?

SVECobraR

Established Member
Hi guys i just bought water temperature and oil pressure gauges from speedhut and i will be installing them tomorrow. The water temperature sender will be going in the cross over tube via the Midcontinent mustang adapter but i wanted to know what's a good place to install the oil pressure sender and will i need any adapter or other hardware to make it work.

Thanks in advance.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
The DOHC oil filter adapter housing has two 1/4" NPT threaded holes in it. One is used for the stock oil pressure sender and the other has a plug in it.

The instructions with my autometer gauge recommended to not install the pressure sender directly to the oil filter housing. They said the vibration can cause premature failure of the sender.

I built a 10" long high pressure hose that went from the 1/4" male NPT to go into the oil filter housing and then had an 1/8" NPT female on the other end for the pressure sender to screw into. This relocated the sender from the housing to the fenderwell.

I can make one up for you if you want?

SVECobraR

Established Member
That is a great idea but i'm installing it tomorrow so that won't work. But depending on what happens tomorrow i just might have to do that.

Thanks for the post.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
That is a great idea but i'm installing it tomorrow so that won't work. But depending on what happens tomorrow i just might have to do that.

Thanks for the post.

No worries, the sender won't fail immediately if you install it on the oil filter housing. I double checked how long I made the hose on my race car and it was actually 24" long. This was so I could locate the sender up in the engine compartment next to where the battery used to be. Easy access for troubleshooting.

Id think anywhere from 15-20" would work great on a street car with fenderliners still in place.

Just let me know if you want one and Ill get it made up? It'll take me a few days to get the fittings in.

:beer:
Anthony

Users who are viewing this thread