What do you want on the 2015 mustangs

2kBossGT

Established Member
I want more engine options like an n/a 5.8 and the inline 6 Turbo from Australia. The car HAS to be lighter! And not 30-40 lbs but be around fox or sn95 weight. The IRS has to be great and the new stang can't be just another s197 revision. Oh and better materials for the interior and trim pieces

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I want more engine options like an n/a 5.8 and the inline 6 Turbo from Australia. The car HAS to be lighter! And not 30-40 lbs but be around fox or sn95 weight. The IRS has to be great and the new stang can't be just another s197 revision. Oh and better materials for the interior and trim pieces

My 2013gt m6 is lighter than my 97 cobra was by 150lbs. My cobra was 3660 with half tank of gas my my coyote is 3510 with a half tank of gas(without me in either car of course).

On topic, I would LOVE to see a N/A 351 option based off the coyote engine platform, even though we can build the standard 5.0 to make really nice N/A power, adding 49ci to a motor that with simple boltons can make well over 1.6hp/ci and you could easily see 500+ whp with a basic bolt on 351 coyote based plant.

Would also like to see the TTV6 as an option, IRS AND solid axle as options, and of course less weight.

redline

Established Member
would like big block with fuel injection and retro maybe even mustang 2 look . euro well its, ugly and its for europeans .keep it american

fleshmcfilth123

Established Member
With the IRS, a direct injection 3.7 and 5.0 for the V6 and GT respectively, and an SVT Cobra with the Roadrunner engine, direct injection with a 2.3 TVS. LED taillights, HIDs, SEAT BOLSTERS!!! Push button start would be nice. I would really like an overbuilt trans, rear and bottom end so we can slap a big blower on and not have to worry about it.

SVTPete83

Established Member
+1 on awd!! could you imagine a direct port v8 awd LIGHTER mustang? look out gtr!

An awd mustang? Are u serious???? Nothing would disappoint me more. And on top of that, how do you add drivetrain to the front of the car and make it lighter?? Oh ya. You can't. If you like the gtr go buy one. I'll choose to keep my mustang front engine, rear drive, and affordable.

Lemers

Established Member
I wouldn't mind an AWD mustang. We're not talking all trims, but as an option. The G37 has an X model. Think about a GTX or even a GT500X. Yes you would sacrifice weight between the AWD and RWD, but more than regained in grip. if Ford is rethinking the mustang I hope they are thinking outside the box.

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
Start button.
Paddle shifter thats actually reworked to shift fast(ex. ZL1)and not just thrown on.
New standard manual tranny(no MT82).
Louder stock GT exhaust(maybe valve operated).
More obd2 data in the track app.
Lighter chassis.

I'm sure I will think of more, but the biggest change I would want is not what I want but what I don't want, and that's MT82. If the 5.0 had better tranny equipped with lighter chassis this car would of been quite amazing overall.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

1hot281

Established Member
Smaller size
Less weight
Modern suspension (SLA front, IRS rear)
Direct injection 5.0, with revised components, maybe "BOSS" inspired equipment like new intake manifold etc etc, making maybe 450hp in basic GT spec

maybe a rear mounted transmission like the Vette for better weight distribution...

Basically, a showroom stock Mustang GT that could take on an older base C6 Vette or C5 Z06 and hold it's own.

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
I wouldn't mind an AWD mustang. We're not talking all trims, but as an option. The G37 has an X model. Think about a GTX or even a GT500X. Yes you would sacrifice weight between the AWD and RWD, but more than regained in grip. if Ford is rethinking the mustang I hope they are thinking outside the box.

I guess that would depend on whether they'd be developing a performance variant (e.g. Evo, Audi w/ sportdiff, Zilla), or a utilitarian variant (e.g. BMW x-drive, VW 4motion).... And both those options will push your weight distribution forward, which is bad.

Performance AWD, maybe, but it would be expensive and screw with the balance unless the car was designed with it in mind. Utilitarian, I just don't see the point, but I guess some people feel a lot better in the winter with AWD because they can't figure out how to buy winter tires and drive in the white stuff.

paynecasey

Established Member
300 lb diet from 2014 model.
2.3 Ecoboost I4 with 310 hp
IRS
improved interior
crazy good fuel economy
ditch retro (lead artist said they would)

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
With the IRS, a direct injection 3.7 and 5.0 for the V6 and GT respectively, and an SVT Cobra with the Roadrunner engine, direct injection with a 2.3 TVS. LED taillights, HIDs, SEAT BOLSTERS!!! Push button start would be nice. I would really like an overbuilt trans, rear and bottom end so we can slap a big blower on and not have to worry about it.

+1...Good wishlist. SLA front suspension would be icing on cake. Big meat potential all around. Always liked the idea of GT and Cobra with built internals. Regarding looks...some of the concepts are sweet...don't mind the standard retro cues...but in smaller, lighter more modern package. Aston-like stance...bring it. SVO model...sure.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread