What do you want on the 2015 mustangs

Lemers

Established Member
With the redesign and IRS pretty much a given if you want it or not, what else would you want to see Ford include or exclude on the next generation?

Here's my list (not inclusive)

3 x Trims:
I believe the current engines will carry over in the states, but the worldwide engines I believe will be different

Base 2.0 Turbo 4
GT Echoboost V6
GT500 not offered at first , maybe a SC 5.0 or bring in a 302 as a special option.

New Standard Items

Direct Injection V8
"press start" button
Proximity keys
Rear view camera (standard with at least premium level)

Options
Keep the Glass roof (I don't want Fors to go sun roof as a "world" item)
302 as an optional engine
Move the shaker sub from the trunk to the backseat (think GTR)
Memory settings on the seats

I know I didn't add any power or performance items. I'm sure y'all have plenty of those covered.

flS/R

Established Member
biggest improvement to me would be a reduction in size. Keeping similar styled tail lights would also be a plus IMHO

Lemers

Established Member
Along with weight reduction (which ford is suggesting about 200 lds or so loss) a lower center of gravity (ive read its hard with the "V" engines) and a wider stance.

At what point do we leave muscle car and go into sports car?

VictorySong

Established Member
Lots of engine options, anything from turbo 4's to big V8's.

I wish Fords in general had more options. I know it isn't an apples to apples comparison but, you can hit up porsche and get literally anything you want done to the car and make something truly unique. Ford is very limited in regards to exterior/interior color and performance options beyond GT/BOSS/GT500 packages. If you do happen to pick one of those it usually limits your options even farther. Why can't I special order a color that is "exclusive" to the Ford Focus or even a Lincoln? Heck, why can't I get a GT500 in Gotta have it Green? There is no reason to limited your options to a customer paying an extra 20k for the car especially when the low end models have access to them. Ford already has the paint and some would like the option of making their Mustang more unique just like the 60/70s cars.

There is no reason why I shouldn't be able to spec a GT/CS vert with the Brembo package. Adding stripes and different wheels shouldn't limit what type of performance mods I can get. Make the wheels a seperate no cost "credit" so buyers get to pick and choose if they want the Brembo or CS exclusive wheels if that is the issue.

Lemers

Established Member
I get what you are saying about the options. Just understand with Porsche if you want a special order color it's gonna cost you. Ford deals with much larger numbers at much lower price. One cost of that is the more you make exactly the same the less it costs you to make them.
This year the GT500 is supposed to be made on the same line as the GT so I would agree that any color or option on the GT souls able able to order in the GT500. Same with the boss. 3 things have kept me from giving up on my GT500 search an buying boss (no blue or gray, no nav, no leather).

Lemers

Established Member
I for one do like the retro look, but if Ford is gonna ditch it, I want to see an evolution of it current look. I want to look at the next mustang and still see a mustang not some want-a-be 3 series or G37.

Honaker10

OLD MAN STATUS
Established Member
Definately an IRS that holds more than 450-500 at the wheels. Turbo 6 cylinder making in the 450 range. And maybe even AWD:)

SVTPete83

Established Member
I want an lx again. The lx 5.0 was my favorite. Stripped out and built to be light and fast. Plus much cheaper than a gt. Bring back the lx!!

goody03

i need more mods
Established Member
I would like to see smaller like the Sn95, Push button start, Direct injection.
My biggest question is when will the next generation Mustang be shown at a autoshow? And when the hell is it supposed to be hitting the market being that 2014 model is going to be coming out in the spring. So the next-generation Mustang needs to be coming out as a 2014.5 model I thought, Will that be next fall or next spring?

95SC

Banned
not bad

548356_10151459380092977_1807037276_n.jpg

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
More upscale interior, better panel fitment, less weight, wider tires, TR-6060 option for GT, forged engine option for performance models, paddle shifters for auto, sync on all models.

BlackMamba3

Established Member
The new article on Stangtv about the 2015 model is interesting. Talks about motor options/possibilities and the interior a bit. Also shows a SICK concept drawing in a somewhat Highland Green paint job. Gave me a 3/4 chubby

Users who are viewing this thread