What do you think I will run?

FiveLeeter918

OK Performance Fords
Established Member
Well, taking the car back out to the drags for the season opener this Saturday.

Car is a 2011 GT, Automatic. 42k miles.

Last time out, I was bone stock minus a JLT intake, GT500 axleback and a baseline tune. Ran a 12.76 at 113 mph with a 2.01 60'. I was launching at 2000 rpm and spun like a mofo off the line.

Now, I have the JLT Intake, Lethal offroad H-Pipe, GT500 axlebacks, UPR 91 race tune, an Nitto NT555R drag radials. Planning to only launch at 1200 rpm.

Thoughts? I am running Jeremy's tune that he says he got an 11.76 out of with basically the same mods as me, but I don't have that high of hopes. Would love to hit 11s, but I think I am going to need some suspension work done before I can do that. I took the car out at the end of last season and had all the mods listed but was on street tires. Got a good launch, but on the 1-2 shift the car kicked out to the side every time and I had to get out of it to keep from sliding. Never could best my 12.76 so I gave up and went home.

Hoping the DRs will cure the kick out, I don't think I'll need control arms for that, but if I can't hit 11s I'll start building the suspension.

99.9%stock

cuz stock sucks!!!
Established Member
I have the same BASIC setup with driver mod. You will be better to launch at 3k-3.5k and slip the clutch out of the hole.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
you should run 11.70-.80's.

I ran 11.80's with a tune/drag radial/axleback A6. the rest is stock (3.15 gears)

try not stalling it up either. just hold the RPM's around 1k, then quickly lay into the throttle. (on street tires)
on a good set of d/r's, heat them up same method as above but stab the throttle and you should see some high 1.7 low 1.8 60's

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread