What do you think...2011 camaro race

Amazin1

Established Member
Have a guy at work with a 2011 camaro ss...according to him, only cam and full exhaust ...headers back. (which i'm sure means a tune as well) He claims 500 hp but also said he gapped a 2016 GT350. i have a 2012 GT500 with cold air and a k&n...was wondering how you guys think this turns out? i'm pretty confident if he is telling me the truth...

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
If your car is not pullied then I'm leaning towards the camaro.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Will be a close, very close race. Both of you make similar power and weight, he might have a better power band though. Sadly, the GT350 are not “fast” straight cars, so its not a fair comparison to yours.

Zemedici

Established Member
Have a guy at work with a 2011 camaro ss...according to him, only cam and full exhaust ...headers back. (which i'm sure means a tune as well) He claims 500 hp but also said he gapped a 2016 GT350. i have a 2012 GT500 with cold air and a k&n...was wondering how you guys think this turns out? i'm pretty confident if he is telling me the truth...

No such thing as a 'only cam and exhaust' LS.

They all lie about their shit. It makes like 600whp, guaranteed :lol:

Amazin1

Established Member
Just messaged Justin at vmp about having a pulley and tune done...i live about 30 minutes from them. No way i let this gm crap beat me!

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
once you've done the pully you'll kick yourself in the ass and ask yourself why its taken you this long....

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
OP, **** the pulley and just swap to a TVS from a '13 GT500. Get some good tires too, and the most important thing: get it on video!!!

Amazin1

Established Member
Not sure if the finances or wife will let it happen but, would love to do a vmp tvs gen 2 swap and make a run at 800 hp. But, i have to live with the wife...lol.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Not sure if the finances or wife will let it happen but, would love to do a vmp tvs gen 2 swap and make a run at 800 hp. But, i have to live with the wife...lol.

Pulley and tune will ensure a win unless he is running a power adder. Of course you will instantly here how he "almost" beat you on motor only and you have a supercharger, so it's a no win situation.

Amazin1

Established Member
Exactly! Typical gm mentality. not my fault your manufacturer gave you an inferior vehicle...and i have less cubic inches than you!

tvspower

Established Member
OP good luck ... remember to get a lot of seat time with the VMP /pulley etc... 1st and 2nd gear you will need practice..

reeve_ryan

Established Member
Sounds like you may not race your car and if he can drive, you lose. I only say that because my car was slow as piss stock and absolutely had to be modded.

king_13

Established Member
Someone school me, how do LS motors make more power NA than Coyotes? People go the distance on yotes trying to achieve 500RWHP as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazin1

Established Member
Sounds like you may not race your car and if he can drive, you lose. I only say that because my car was slow as piss stock and absolutely had to be modded.

Been racing for 30 years...i am not worried about losing on driver skill. had plenty of fast cars, including camaro's...just don't have a lot of experience with the new ones...

Users who are viewing this thread