What do the vacuum ports control?

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Short story, 99 Cobra, stock harness and ECU, tuned with SCT, big bore stroker with a Sullivan intake and the EGR deleted. I tapped the spacer for a vacuum port and I'm pretty sure it is leaking. There is a portion of the main harness that has boots on it that plug into the sensor on the end of the fuel rail, a couple that plug into the cylindrical thing that bolted to the side of the stock manifold, and two that had direct ports to the intake manifold. I know I need the sensor at the fuel rail since I am still running a returnless setup, but what about the other boots? What do they control? Can I turn them off and delete them?

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Well, I googled some pics of stock intakes so I will try and describe the boots with where they go on the stocker.
IMG_5833.jpg

This one probably goes on the p-side just forward of the EGR.

IMG_5834.jpg

This one probably goes on the top near the center of the intake in the rear.

IMG_5832.jpg

This is the cylinder I was talking about.

IMG_5831.jpg

Just the whole setup.

So what do those things control/contribute too?

Janstang

Established Member
Thats the DPFE, another component of the EGR system. If you have the EGR stuff turned off, disconnect it and cap the vacuum lines.

Janstang

Established Member
As long as you still have the vacuum line running to your fuel rail pressure sensor the other lines I see there are for the EGR stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread