What do GTR owners think of the 13' GT500

Status
Not open for further replies.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Totally different cars - the GT500 has explosive torque, traction issues, a deep, raspy exhaust note, and a true manual - sounds like fun to me...

No need to compare apples to oranges unless either would be your only car.

THIS! Totally different cars for totally different uses. I would love to own both.

This car is a performing freak!! How in the world did nissan make this car handle so well? Or brake for that matter? It brakes almost as well as the corvette Z07 and it does not have carbon ceramic brakes. Not to mention is weighs about 700 lbs more! It also seats 4!!! The newest model is capable of running a 10 second 1/4 mile! This car defies the laws of physics! End of rant, sorry.

Agreed. The car is AMAZING! I still think they are ugly as sin, but I would have one in my garage in a second if I could afford one. You won't find a better all around car IMO

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Little story:

I saw a used 09 GT500 sitting at a Chevy dealer when I was in town a couple years back and I decided I wanted a test drive. It had 3,500 miles on it, was a exhaust, CAI, and tuned car, and was suppose to be making about 500 whp from what the saleman who was also like the owner, or really high up employ or something like that was saying. Anyway he started saying that he drove the GT500 some and thought it was a very nice car, strong runner, fun, etc, but that a Z06 was just a step past it, and started going on about how fast, refined, nice handling, easy to live with, etc the C6Z06 is.(this was a very cool salesman BTW. I had no problem with this guy) Then all of a sudden while he was going on about how great the Z is he up and told me that he drove a car that was even better. He said that they(the dealership) bought a used GTR in Charleston and that he went and got it and drove it back. He went on about how fast, and easy to drive it fast the GTR is, and how he couldn't believe how capable that car was at performing certain feats. He was like that car has the ability to do thinks that you just can't do in other cars including Z06's, and he was like "I love the Z06, but the GTR is just a better performance car". That is huge respect coming from a Chevy dealership owner. This must of been a 08/09/10 GTR as this event took place in 10/10 so almost 2 years ago.

The 2013 GT500 is a awesome Mustang and I would love to be able to afford one, but if you have no respect for the R35 GTR and consider yourself a performance car enthusiast then you are a butt F'in idiot. It is an amazing car. You might not have to like it, but you do need to respect what it is. I myself would love to have one.

Last edited:

achenator

GT-R owner lurking here. Not a douche. I respect fast cars of any sort. My GT-R is mildly modded (600 whp on e85). Signed up here a few months ago because I'd eventually like to add a 13 GT500 to the stable. Really similar power in these cars but really different in most other ways. I had a opporitunity to pick up a lightly 2010 GT-R two years ago for a song and I jumped on it. It can really make a zero (me ) look like a hero in the twisties and the drag strip. I ran a 10.8 my first time ever on a drag strip in any car. It can be pushed past the limit and not bite you too bad unless you turn VDC off. It's fun in it's own way just like a tail happy Shelby or Vette is fun in it's own way. The maintenance isn't as bad as everyone says especially if you don't daily it and use indy shops. I have modded mine and as far as warranty goes I am fk'd and I know it. If I blow something I 'll just build it into a 9 sec beast. It really is an amazing feat of engineering and if you ever have a opportunity to own one even for a short period it's a fun car. If anyone is in the NOLA area i'd be glad to let ya take a drive. Meanwhile I'll be trolling on here trying to convince my wife that I need another 600hp toy. Flame suit on!:burn:

DSC_1407.jpg

monsterpost

Established Member
GT-R owner lurking here. Not a douche. I respect fast cars of any sort. My GT-R is mildly modded (600 whp on e85). Signed up here a few months ago because I'd eventually like to add a 13 GT500 to the stable. Really similar power in these cars but really different in most other ways. I had a opporitunity to pick up a lightly 2010 GT-R two years ago for a song and I jumped on it. It can really make a zero (me ) look like a hero in the twisties and the drag strip. I ran a 10.8 my first time ever on a drag strip in any car. It can be pushed past the limit and not bite you too bad unless you turn VDC off. It's fun in it's own way just like a tail happy Shelby or Vette is fun in it's own way. The maintenance isn't as bad as everyone says especially if you don't daily it and use indy shops. I have modded mine and as far as warranty goes I am fk'd and I know it. If I blow something I 'll just build it into a 9 sec beast. It really is an amazing feat of engineering and if you ever have a opportunity to own one even for a short period it's a fun car. If anyone is in the NOLA area i'd be glad to let ya take a drive. Meanwhile I'll be trolling on here trying to convince my wife that I need another 600hp toy. Flame suit on!:burn:

DSC_1407.jpg

You don't need the flame suit, I would have one myself if I could afford it.

zex-srt10

Established Member
GTR's are quick, someday i might have one when i get home for good.

specizripn

Established Member

DSC_1407.jpg

LOL Tell the wife its very important that you get one, that your life depends on it :beer:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member

DSC_1407.jpg

One of my friends has this exact same car, I'm not a fan of foreign cars but this one is impressive in person. I want to run him so bad, one day.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread