What did you do to your foxbody mustang today?

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Oh yeah, i forgot. I DID order one of these kits.

I ordered it with dark red inserts and pony logo. Thought it would look like this

1671561696711.png

And this is what I got. Needless to say, i returned them.

IMG_5585.JPG
IMG_5635.JPG

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
The kit comes with the rear seat covers, so i priced out to do the fronts and cover the rear seats. I'd have to supply the donor front and rear seats, and do the labor myself. $1800 in materials not including replacing some of the plastic trim. In fact, i was going to swap to SN95 seat hardware so that was another $200 or so for tilt levers and trim. So at $2K and doing the labor myself...you can see why i haven't committed. I didn't even pay that much for my Recaro's all in which i posted pics of a few pages ago.

For $800, if those were local to me I would have been down there in a second to snag those.

If you want the matching rear seat, you can ask TMI if they will sell a rear seat cover only to put on a donor fox seat. I remember asking them if they would do a fox seat with 99-04GT material for me, and while they said yes i never went as far to get a quote. My current rear seat is one with a Corbeau vinyl seat cover on.

I would eventually like a matching rear seat. I do have a 03/04 Cobra rear seat, but not sure how well that would match my recaros or my proposed recovered 87-89 GT seats.

Seats is the one part of my car's interior i have not been satisfied with in many years. I just can't make up my mind what I want

EDIT:

Here's the kit new, not including foam
That looks great!

Yeah I was wondering what the cost would have been for fronts only. I tried getting them for 650, but he wouldn't budge.

I may contact TMI at some point for the matching rear. The door panels I may leave because I feel it offsets it a little. Otherwise I can easily replace the inserts on those with just black vinyl. I would prefer the smaller headrests, but these will do.

Edit: I also thought about halos, not sure if they work?

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Halos would fit on those seats. I'm running them on the SN95 seats in the above pic. I actually like the big 87-89 tilting headrest but halos would definitely be a nice touch, especially if you can find the 1983 netted ones

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Halos would fit on those seats. I'm running them on the SN95 seats in the above pic. I actually like the big 87-89 tilting headrest but halos would definitely be a nice touch, especially if you can find the 1983 netted ones
They are growing on me. LMR has reproduction ones, but the 83 netted ones would be awesome.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Ordered and received the Dennis Carpenter reproduction coupe quarter windows. I wanted these a couple years ago but people had a few issues with them and they stopped supplying them. When I saw they were available again I jumped on them. Problem is, they didn't fix the problem. They merely changed the installation method.

Instead of drawing the window in via the nuts inside the vehicle (to compress the butyl seal) they now recommend using silicone and only installing the nuts finger tight. The issue is, the embedded window studs pull out. The factory studs are very secure and rigid. The DC repro ones, not so much. Mine came with voids in the rubber (on the backside, outside of the window is perfect) so bad that I could flick some of the studs right off the window with my finger. Terrible QA.

I used epoxy and window urethane to reinstall the studs. I'm far away from install time but wanted them to be ready when I am. We shall see.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Ordered and received the Dennis Carpenter reproduction coupe quarter windows. I wanted these a couple years ago but people had a few issues with them and they stopped supplying them. When I saw they were available again I jumped on them. Problem is, they didn't fix the problem. They merely changed the installation method.

Instead of drawing the window in via the nuts inside the vehicle (to compress the butyl seal) they now recommend using silicone and only installing the nuts finger tight. The issue is, the embedded window studs pull out. The factory studs are very secure and rigid. The DC repro ones, not so much. Mine came with voids in the rubber (on the backside, outside of the window is perfect) so bad that I could flick some of the studs right off the window with my finger. Terrible QA.

I used epoxy and window urethane to reinstall the studs. I'm far away from install time but wanted them to be ready when I am. We shall see.
Man that sucks. Nothing ever seems to be as good as oem.

I wouldn't mind a spare oem hatch set, but not ready to fork over 3k.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member

I ordered the same but haven’t installed them yet. I wondered if if should use silicone to seal them and now I guess I have my answer.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I started my yearly wheel well and undercarriage clean. I’ll clean behind the wheels as well. I haven’t been able to drive it for a long time so it didn’t get too dirty, other than dust from sitting.
B14F7135-4B1A-447C-8883-E6467FA141A8.jpeg
9D91DEA0-4784-4746-BD49-8EAFBFE2CDBD.jpeg

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Did they all come come with the big wing, or was that an option?
I don’t really know about the coupes and wings. I did a quick google search and I think there were a total of 59 coupes modified by Saleen from 87-93. If that one was the real deal I bet it wasn’t cheap.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Man that sucks. Nothing ever seems to be as good as oem.

The Scott Drake windows for a hatch are pretty decent. I have them on my car and have no complaints.

I know folks overlook them because they do not have the MUSTANG script, but I added a very spot-on decal and you honestly can't tell it's a decal unless you get up close and inspect it.

I have not heard of anyone having issues with the SD windows. If i was them, i would have capitalized on the fiasco with the DC windows and offered the coupe window at half the cost.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
They all had that style wing, even the coupes

1990 was a weird year where Saleen designed a wing that tacked onto the stock LX wing. Didn't last long though.

View attachment 1776441
Yeah I definitely remember the stacked wing.
Every fox Saleen I've ever seen had the wing, I just wasn't sure if it was an "option".
Good to know though. Thanks Mike.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Yeah I definitely remember the stacked wing.
Every fox Saleen I've ever seen had the wing, I just wasn't sure if it was an "option".
Good to know though. Thanks Mike.
My buddy bought 86-0090 without a wing new in 86, but is a convertible. Can't imagine many came without one though.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I don’t really know about the coupes and wings. I did a quick google search and I think there were a total of 59 coupes modified by Saleen from 87-93. If that one was the real deal I bet it wasn’t cheap.
59 is correct. I've only ever seen a couple in person.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Coming up on a year since it's last oil change.... and only 54 miles on it...

I literally only put that many miles on it since we purchased it back in November of 2021....

I put more miles on the 90 vert, which was 123 miles lol.

I'll probably change the oil anyway in the spring/summer. I really need to change out the catback exhaust as well.
7f4a9ed0a843052abbd30321dc9f7de7.jpg
db96e44432548960ce78f7455106034e.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I literally only put that many miles on it since we purchased it back in November of 2021....

I'll probably change the oil anyway in the spring/summer. I really need to change out the catback exhaust as well.

Gorgeous, Brady!! (y)

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member

db96e44432548960ce78f7455106034e.jpg

I typically change the oil in my cars every year, despite them being driven 500 miles or less each year. It’s probably not necessary but whatevski.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
I change mine yearly as well regardless of miles. Oil oil tends to accumulate moisture, and byproducts of combustion which include carbon and other hydrocarbons which can form sulfuric acid which is, long story short, not a good thing.

So to avoid that, regardless of how much usage a particular item has had, i always change oil before storage. So for my cars, thats typically the final drive in the fall when i decide winter has finally arrived (usually when they throw the salt on the road).

Same goes for my lawn equipment and snowblower and such. After final use, i change the oil and then put it away.

Users who are viewing this thread