What did you do to your foxbody mustang today?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

13BlackGT

Established Member
Just curious why a QH with p heads and a Bcam?

Stock computer should be beyond capable.

Had a spare quarterhorse and my son has too much time on his hands. And turn off EGR and thermactor with QH. It ran good before, fueling was ok. Cold start and idle is better now. It is still the stock computer. The datalog capability of a QH is pretty cool

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Time for a little engine bay cleaning.
IMG_20211126_170831036.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks great. Ford got it right with the 5.0 HO. Great performance, reliability and one of the best looking and sounding engines. No plastic shrouds to hide things.
I'll be adding a Ford motorcraft battery tomorrow. This one is on its way out.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Yup went to Ford today. I'll have one by tomorrow.

All I can say is, check the date on the battery before you accept. Ford tried to give me a BXT58 battery that was brand new, yet old enough stock that it was already out of warranty before I would have even walked out the door with it.

Honestly I've always been a big Motorcraft battery guy, but after this current one, I'm moving on. This new one doesn't charge past 12.2v

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
All I can say is, check the date on the battery before you accept. Ford tried to give me a BXT58 battery that was brand new, yet old enough stock that it was already out of warranty before I would have even walked out the door with it.

Honestly I've always been a big Motorcraft battery guy, but after this current one, I'm moving on. This new one doesn't charge past 12.2v
The one that I'm replacing is a Duralast? Volts check out at 12.90, the cranking or whatever it is only reads 270's...

The date on this one is 5/15.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
@Bdubbs 98svt is correct, that’s not a high volume battery. When I got mine two or three years ago for the 1992 my local Ford dealer had one in stock. I went to get it and the parts guy was very nice and said I don’t wanna sell you this it’s a year and a half old. Would you be willing to come back tomorrow and I can get one newer and that’s what i did. They one they had in stock had been sitting on the shelf that long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm saying check the date on the Motorcraft.
The date on the one they tried to give me (as new) was 12/17.
@Bdubbs 98svt is correct, that’s not a high volume battery. When I got mine two or three years ago for the 1992 my local Ford dealer had one in stock. I went to get it and the parts guy was very nice and said I don’t wanna sell you this it’s a year and a half old. Would you be willing to come back tomorrow and I can get one newer and that’s what i did. They one they had in stock had been sitting on the shelf that long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the heads up. The date is 9/21 on this one. I also changed out the battery cables. I'll be keeping all the oem stock parts that I take off.
IMG_20211201_144456430.jpg
IMG_20211201_145313673.jpg

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I've been busy cleaning up the underside of my 92 coupe. I tackled the undercoating and got a good chunk of it off. I also cleaned up the front and rear wheel wells. What a huge difference it makes getting that mess off and 30 years of dirt, grunge, grease, tar, etc. What a mess and total pain, but I keep telling myself you only ever do it once.
Looks great! I'm getting ready to start this process on mine soon. Going to pull the rear to have 3:73's installed, new seals/brakes and upper and lower control arms/bushings. While the rear is out i'm going to get everything cleaned up and painted.

13BlackGT

Established Member
My son changed the oil in his 89 this morning and they didn’t have a motorcraft filter. He put in a STP filter and as soon as started it the oil pressure pegged, dropped, pegged. He took other car to town and found a motorcraft filter and was fixed instantly. Now he knows why I told him to only run motorcraft!

2115af47a3b25cd2d1b5dba1a482301f.jpg

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Put the dirver's window back in the 93R (its been raced). Will be nice to be able to wash it with out a plastic bag.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My son changed the oil in his 89 this morning and they didn’t have a motorcraft filter. He put in a STP filter and as soon as started it the oil pressure pegged, dropped, pegged. He took other car to town and found a motorcraft filter and was fixed instantly. Now he knows why I told him to only run motorcraft!

2115af47a3b25cd2d1b5dba1a482301f.jpg
Wow! I remember WAY back in the day STP filters were pretty good. Apparently, that is not the case today. So stick to Motorcraft. There are, of course, other excellent filter choices but Motorcraft is an obvious "best" choice.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Almost forgot I had these. Gonna try to get them down to the shop and clean them up.

Not sure if they are titanium or opal.
1584e519b99c82038159372686e84d71.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do you have a rear set to match? Those look a bit different from the ones in the car now. At least comparing them to this photo. Maybe it's just the photo that makes those new seats look different. ??

img_20211126_172711846-jpg.1729056

Users who are viewing this thread