What did you do to your foxbody mustang today?

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
bought another fox!
1988 hatch 4-cyl
57F64A37-3D4E-4FF8-8FCC-DEE4C02999FB.jpeg

fastsvo

Established Member
After 2 years of work, i finally fired up my engine for the first time. Was a great feeling.

Technically this video was 2nd crank :)

Combo is TFS170 58cc heads, FTI custom grind cam, Ported Cobra intake, Crane gold 1.6 RR's.

Exhaust is JBA ceramic shortys, Bassani catted X-pipe, Flowmaster American Thunder. I'm probably going to ditch the flowmasters and go with Borla Pro XS mufflers to quiet it down a tad.

Car is also hydroboost swapped.

View attachment 1726833

How aggressive is that cam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mustang5L5

Established Member
How aggressive is that cam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked for something on the more streetable side of the spectrum. Wanted to be able to drive to work and sit in 30 mins of bumper to bumper traffic.

31D825C0-E33A-4859-886F-A8FE3305AD6C.jpeg

I’ll be swapping yo aftermarket ECU soon but the A9L actually runs it pretty well. Haven’t driven it yet other than backing in and out of driveway

matt5058

Established Member
After 2 years of work, i finally fired up my engine for the first time. Was a great feeling.

Technically this video was 2nd crank :)

Combo is TFS170 58cc heads, FTI custom grind cam, Ported Cobra intake, Crane gold 1.6 RR's.

Exhaust is JBA ceramic shortys, Bassani catted X-pipe, Flowmaster American Thunder. I'm probably going to ditch the flowmasters and go with Borla Pro XS mufflers to quiet it down a tad.

Car is also hydroboost swapped.

View attachment 1726833
Love that sound (and that engine bay/intake manifold). Your catted x pipe, is it two cats or four cats?

I have flowmasters on my 88 but not sure of the type and not sure of the brand on the shorty headers. I want that sound or something very close to it.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Love that sound (and that engine bay/intake manifold). Your catted x pipe, is it two cats or four cats?

I have flowmasters on my 88 but not sure of the type and not sure of the brand on the shorty headers. I want that sound or something very close to it.

It's a 2 cat pipe. Bullet style. Doesn't really quiet it down much.

I actually do want to quiet it down a tad more. As it stands right now, my kids are afraid of the car. I have been meaning to swap the mufflers to Borla Pro XS to knock down a little volume and to go to a straight-thru muffler vs a chamber design to see if i can gain a few more HP.

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
bought another fox!
1988 hatch 4-cyl
View attachment 1726845
Looks like a nice car you got. People in socal are asking stupid money for 4 cylinder foxes, especially coupes. There is one on ebay currently in ROUGH shape that is already bid up past 3K. The days of buying nice, clean foxes for 5K are distant memory. Here is the car I was talking about...broken windows, needs body work, hasn't run in 10 years, etc. Crazy times indeed.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yup times have changed. I wonder for how long?

I'm trying to be patient in finding the perfect low mileage fox GT.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

lethe

Established Member
I replaced the catback on my cobra and am in the process of mocking up the irs tailpipes on my 89. With the anti roll bar, coilovers, and stock fuel tank going under the axle is about the only way i can get tail pipes on it.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like a nice car you got. People in socal are asking stupid money for 4 cylinder foxes, especially coupes. There is one on ebay currently in ROUGH shape that is already bid up past 3K. The days of buying nice, clean foxes for 5K are distant memory. Here is the car I was talking about...broken windows, needs body work, hasn't run in 10 years, etc. Crazy times indeed.

4-cyl wasn't my favorite choice, but the car cost me 2500 euros and is in perfect condition other than a rattle noise in the engine and some gauges acting up. Nothing major. I will probably swap a 99+ 4V engine into it so not worried about the motor. And I'm sure the gauges can be sorted, if not, I'll go for the Dakota Digital ones.

So I think it was a great deal and I just had to buy it. Wasn't planned, but now I have a Fox to play around with and I can keep my other Fox stock and classy.

matt5058

Established Member
It's a 2 cat pipe. Bullet style. Doesn't really quiet it down much.

I actually do want to quiet it down a tad more. As it stands right now, my kids are afraid of the car. I have been meaning to swap the mufflers to Borla Pro XS to knock down a little volume and to go to a straight-thru muffler vs a chamber design to see if i can gain a few more HP.
The Flowmaster American Thunder you have - that uses the super 44 mufflers, right?

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I sent a $2k check yesterday to the machine shop to cover the cost of new pistons for the racecar.

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
I've been busy cleaning up the underside of my 92 coupe. I tackled the undercoating and got a good chunk of it off. I also cleaned up the front and rear wheel wells. What a huge difference it makes getting that mess off and 30 years of dirt, grunge, grease, tar, etc. What a mess and total pain, but I keep telling myself you only ever do it once.
IMG_0456[1].JPEG
IMG_0459[1].JPEG
IMG_0502[1].JPEG
IMG_0503[1].JPEG

IMG_0501[1].JPEG

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
New purchase today. Many already know about it.

Future plans are chrome ponies in 17" whenever they are back in stock. Otherwise I'll be leaving it alone.

A good paint correction in the future though.
IMG_20211126_123757877.jpg
IMG_20211126_172711846.jpg
IMG_20211126_170831036.jpg
Screenshot_20211126-145621.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like it didn't disappoint.
Correct. I would like to drive it a little bit. Next week looks like upper 40's and no salt on the roads yet.

Plus I want to change the oil.

13BlackGT

Established Member
We plugged a moates quarterhorse into the vert that my son bought last week. It has a fresh engine with gt40p heads and a B cam. With a few adjustments, it runs pretty good

q6543

Established Member
Just curious why a QH with p heads and a Bcam?

Stock computer should be beyond capable.

Users who are viewing this thread