What did you do to your foxbody mustang today?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Just wrapped up some trans work, c4.

Twisted the input shaft and tore the splines out of the converter in July.

New hardened input shaft, new dynamic mechanical diode race converter and refreshed the trans with new steels and frictions.

Also had the driveshaft check.... that was fubar'd so fresh DTS driveshaft custom cut for the c4, sonnax yoke and flange... 1350 u joints.

Feels REAL good on the street... can't wait to track it.

Also switched meth from boost juice to VP M5

Gonna dyno tune on Thursday to see if I can shove any more timing in down low or even up top.
Have you ever replaced the shifter linkage seals on a C4?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
No on that one, my trans guy may have. I had a friend do the rebuild.
Gotcha. I'll be attempting it when I replace pan and gasket.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Have you ever replaced the shifter linkage seals on a C4?

I have, as part of the total overhaul. The seals themselves weren't bad. You did have to pick from a handful of them since apparently there's a few different revisions out there, at least with the kit I had. The frustrating part is getting the shift selector arm back in and moving correctly with the valve body. I redid it a few times to make sure everything was lined up correctly and working properly.

As for one of my foxes, I decided to move it to wrap up some exhaust work. Found a huge yellow jacket nest in it and the brakes were out. The front brake reservoir was bone dry, but no signs of leaks. I refilled it, bled it, and it hasn't lost any fluid yet. Any idea what the hell could cause that?

On to the exhaust work, does anyone else have clearance issues with the passenger side manifold and the starter? It's an 84 engine with the OEM tubular style short manifolds. The exhaust and starter don't interfere, but you can't get at or tighten the exhaust to the manifold with the starter in place, and installing the starter with the exhaust installed is damn near impossible.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
Went for a quick drive today and stopped for pics.
IMG_5602s.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh my! That is a stunning Fox, bathed in silver. And I really like the wheels. Are they white?

q6543

Established Member
Dyno today!! Super excited, I'll follow up with results.
Low comp, 8.5:1 331 with Tfs 170 heads and 19#s of boost through a C4.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh my! That is a stunning Fox, bathed in silver. And I really like the wheels. Are they white?
Thank you! Iconic silver really looks great on the fox. Yes white wheels.
Still not sure if I like them but budget says I have to keep them for now.

q6543

Established Member
Car dynoed 533... heck of a time with spinning.

But... got my 1st 9 second pass! Stoked, I drive the car almost 2 hours each way the the track too.
20210923_143547.jpg

q6543

Established Member
Dart block... I was honestly expecting mid 600s at least, that's what the calculators say too, but I guess torque converters can really mess with the read.

I also was peeved because I was trying to find how much timing I could add in down low... and I couldn't get any useable data sub 5500rpm.

q6543

Established Member
Vortech v2 Ti trim 6.87 lower 2.7 upper
Logged a little over 20psi and was only at 20.5* timing.

E85 with vp M5 meth injection.

mat50ho

Established Member
Dart block... I was honestly expecting mid 600s at least, that's what the calculators say too, but I guess torque converters can really mess with the read.

I also was peeved because I was trying to find how much timing I could add in down low... and I couldn't get any useable data sub 5500rpm.
Is 5500 where the converter flashes? I had a 8" converter that acted the same way.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
After 2 years of work, i finally fired up my engine for the first time. Was a great feeling.

Technically this video was 2nd crank :)

Combo is TFS170 58cc heads, FTI custom grind cam, Ported Cobra intake, Crane gold 1.6 RR's.

Exhaust is JBA ceramic shortys, Bassani catted X-pipe, Flowmaster American Thunder. I'm probably going to ditch the flowmasters and go with Borla Pro XS mufflers to quiet it down a tad.

Car is also hydroboost swapped.

1636380509121.png

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
MIKE! That's awesome. I was just talking to Scott (scarecrow) yesterday. Next spring we should go out for a ride.

Users who are viewing this thread