What did you do to your foxbody mustang today?

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
finally getting fresh paint!

C6C9F511-4322-4589-9A34-84E47A018C0B.jpeg
BB402BE6-04E4-4AF7-9A8B-484F6875C9E4.jpeg
A273B5FC-AA8D-4C45-8FC3-830EF1AEE6FA.jpeg

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome . Are you going with the same color?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

No, I decided to go with the current Iconic Silver, eventhough I have only seen it on pics. It looked great on all cars I saw so I hope it turns out good. Everything that was a fading black will be painted gloss black.
And when my bank account recovers, I'm getting a set of black mesh wheels to match.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
No, I decided to go with the current Iconic Silver, eventhough I have only seen it on pics. It looked great on all cars I saw so I hope it turns out good. Everything that was a fading black will be painted gloss black.
And when my bank account recovers, I'm getting a set of black mesh wheels to match.
That is a sweet silver. I've seen it on newer F150's.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was going to ask the same question. Yeah, you should be very happy with Iconic Silver. It's just a tad darker than Ingot Silver. Nice choice.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
What a pain it was installing the timing cover. I had to lower the oil pan some for it to go on. Then a oil pan bolt snapped while tightening. I was using a in/lb torque wrench....

I'll eventually replace the oil pan and install ARP studs.

I ended up installing a better harmonic balancer and a new water pump. I'll button things up hopefully tomorrow. Should give everything time to cure.
IMG_20210512_190938188.jpg
IMG_20210512_200728830.jpg

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Took a ride up to the Chocolate Fox show in Hershey, Pa Saturday. After a 65 mile ride I was sitting in line waiting to get in and the car started to shake and puke oil smoke out of the exhaust. More prominent out of the passenger side. I quickly got out of line and they parked me in a great spot by the show area. I left out early and was able to limp my way home without needing a tow.

Working 12’s all week so I’ll do a compression test and tear into it in a couple weeks. The only good news is that my new lift is in and I pick it up early next week, just in time if the motor needs to come out.

799499EA-1E3D-4929-B2B5-536B77790E9C.jpeg

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Took a ride up to the Chocolate Fox show in Hershey, Pa Saturday. After a 65 mile ride I was sitting in line waiting to get in and the car started to shake and puke oil smoke out of the exhaust. More prominent out of the passenger side. I quickly got out of line and they parked me in a great spot by the show area. I left out early and was able to limp my way home without needing a tow.

Working 12’s all week so I’ll do a compression test and tear into it in a couple weeks. The only good news is that my new lift is in and I pick it up early next week, just in time if the motor needs to come out.

View attachment 1703978

Sounds like valve seals. Thatvexacr thing happened to me while waiting in line at a county fair in my old 81

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1703980
I weighed my hatchback... full interior car, supercharger, c4... I was shocked how light she is.

I'm gonna pull 200lbs out now.
Wow that's less than I would have thought. I wonder what my full weight coupe weighs. I do have a IRS. I have a scale at work, may have to check.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry to hear about your motor issue, Brian. But your lift being in is certainly awesome news. That will really make working on your Fox much less "painful". I hope you resolve the issue quickly so that you can get back to enjoying it on the road.

You mentioning Hershey made me think that I should make a trip down there during the summer months. My wife and I don't get there very often, but it's always been one of our favorite destinations. We always love smelling the chocolate in the air.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your motor issue, Brian. But your lift being in is certainly awesome news. That will really make working on your Fox much less "painful". I hope you resolve the issue quickly so that you can get back to enjoying it on the road.

You mentioning Hershey made me think that I should make a trip down there during the summer months. My wife and I don't get there very often, but it's always been one of our favorite destinations. We always love smelling the chocolate in the air.

Bob next year during this show would be a perfect opportunity to visit Hershey. The weather is perfect this time of year.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hopefully fixed. I did a couple heat cycles, then retorqued the bolts. Drove it a bit yesterday and brought it back to the shop this morning.View attachment 1704166View attachment 1704167

Nice to get the motor running. They look good together. But....you should hang some large, cool Ford banners on those bare interior walls. LOL.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice to get the motor running. They look good together. But....you should hang some large, cool Ford banners on those bare interior walls. LOL.
I'm kinda a boring person. I'll probably hang up a couple stuff, but don't want it to over do it. The white walls help with lighting.

matt5058

Established Member
Attempted to remove the rear bumper cover...but am currently being held up by the bottom of the three nuts on the passenger side.
D935AD5A-6401-4F01-88C6-6074670B25B1.jpeg

Anyone have any suggestions for getting this out? It’s freaking impossible to get even my smallest ratchet down there and with a wrench, there’s no space to move.

Users who are viewing this thread