What did you do to your foxbody mustang today?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Pulled the trigger on some new 17" pony wheels for the 93 reef. I always initially wanted chrome. But keeping it looking somewhat stock is appealing to me.

Picture is with 16" stockers and oversized 245's on them. It has quite the bulge look. Tread is shot on them.

I still need to replace the catback exhaust. I have flowmaster american thunder going on. Shouldn't be too loud, still rocking stock h pipe.
21f7f063717fc58d726d79461b35902c.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think the new 17" 5-spokes will look great, Brady. Going from the present 16" wheel to the 17" is going to be noticeable, in a positive way.

wtk-1007zckt_07f6d354.jpg

wtk-1007zckt_ec7f0e46.jpg

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
My sister has a 93 feature car. I found some 17" pony wheels for sale locally. She picked them up for a great price and had her daughter paint them white in school (she takes auto body in high school).
They definitely look far better than the 16s.
Great choice Brady

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks guys, pretty stoked about them! Just got back from driving the vert.
1140e6465cd0c234b0db0b1646d4ca48.jpg

Mustang5L5

Established Member
I've always wanted to try a set of 17" pony wheels. It just completes that stock look while allowing for better brakes and 5-lug.

However, i just like my wheels now too much

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I've always wanted to try a set of 17" pony wheels. It just completes that stock look while allowing for better brakes and 5-lug.

However, i just like my wheels now too much
I've often thought chrome ponies would look great on the 90 notch. But the 99-01 silver cobra wheels look really good on it.

Lgc85

Established Member
Got the car running, need to fix some exhaust leaks and adjust timing.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great looking Calypso Green Cobra. Sounds nice, too.

Are those real Mystichrome front and rear seats? :eek: (y)

P.S. - Nice garage floor. I love mine!!

Lgc85

Established Member
Great looking Calypso Green Cobra. Sounds nice, too.

Are those real Mystichrome front and rear seats? :eek: (y)

P.S. - Nice garage floor. I love mine!!
Thanks. Yes, they are real Mystichrome seats got them like 9 years ago they guy had two sets.
I will make sure I tell my wife she helped me epoxy it.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
17" ponies are on.
1962b8c75ba67229627817b32261ed6f.jpg

They look great. I’m going to yank the stockers off my notch when it’s nearing completion and throw the 17’s on. I tell my wife all the time that an inch doesn’t make a difference, but in this case it’s noticeable and looks better.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well yesterday I was in the process of swapping out the under drive pulleys for some stockers on the 90 vert.

I just don't like the voltage drop, and for a basically stock 5.0 I just don't see it worth it. I ran into a little bit of trouble. One of the previous owners thought red loctite was a good idea on all 3 pulleys. I can't seem to get the allen head style bolts loose on the crank pulley.

The pulley turns while I'm trying to loosen. Next I'll try some heat. Worst case scenario I might need to remove the crank pulley and harmonic balancer as one unit..

OX1

Established Member
Well yesterday I was in the process of swapping out the under drive pulleys for some stockers on the 90 vert.

I just don't like the voltage drop, and for a basically stock 5.0 I just don't see it worth it. I ran into a little bit of trouble. One of the previous owners thought red loctite was a good idea on all 3 pulleys. I can't seem to get the allen head style bolts loose on the crank pulley.

The pulley turns while I'm trying to loosen. Next I'll try some heat. Worst case scenario I might need to remove the crank pulley and harmonic balancer as one unit..

Is it slipping on the serp? If not, might be able to hold alt nut with another socket (or someone else can do it). At least the way mine is routed, but I have no smog pump and Ps pump really low due to turbo.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Is it slipping on the serp? If not, might be able to hold alt nut with another socket (or someone else can do it). At least the way mine is routed, but I have no smog pump and Ps pump really low due to turbo.
I already removed the belt and have the alternator back in place with the stock style pulley. I should have done the crank pulley first with the belt still in place.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
I agree that Underdrives on a cruiser type stocker don't make any sense. I took mine off and went back to stock pullies.

Later on, I had belt alignment issues and swapped to the LMR 93 Cobra pullies. They are a nice middle-ground as they are an 11% underdrive on the power steering, A/C and smog pulley but leave the WP and alt at stock RPM.

I don't have a smog pump anymore but even with those pullies i still get 35* vent temps on my A/C at idle.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree that Underdrives on a cruiser type stocker don't make any sense. I took mine off and went back to stock pullies.

Later on, I had belt alignment issues and swapped to the LMR 93 Cobra pullies. They are a nice middle-ground as they are an 11% underdrive on the power steering, A/C and smog pulley but leave the WP and alt at stock RPM.

I don't have a smog pump anymore but even with those pullies i still get 35* vent temps on my A/C at idle.
I really should have gone with the 93 cobra pulleys. Hopefully I can find some time this weekend and get it done.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
First real drive in 3 years, to the day almost. Wife said she hadn't seen me smile this much in a long time.

167EA68B-E2AF-48A9-8C20-51EE4D40CDC6.jpeg

Put about 3-4 miles on the car. Was nice being able to cruise around with A/C on since it was a warm, humid day. That was a HUGE goal of mine.

The Kilmat sound deadener made a HUGE difference. It's amazing how much it knocked down the interior noise. With windows up, it's like a different car completely.

I have not gone full throttle yet. Just haven't found a good spot to do it. Really want to see what the new engine combo can do.

I have a small punchlist of things to go through. So will will chip away and make longer test drives. Winter is coming, so time to put it on stands again and change out my exhaust, and refresh the rear end and change the gears. (going from 3.73's to 3.27s).

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
OEM style pulleys are on. Car drives good. I need to decide when I want to put the stock throttle body and air intake back on.

I'm returning the small engine mods all back to stock. Pretty rough looking with only 36k miles...
6ab624c938723d7a29e944f196390799.jpg
8032a4db8e9b01da1141a5b5ac914046.jpg

Mustang5L5

Established Member
I'm returning the small engine mods all back to stock. Pretty rough looking with only 36k miles...

I like that idea. If my car only had minor bolt-ons and was close to stock, I would return it back to 100% stock and drive it like that.

But for me that ship has looooong since sailed.

Users who are viewing this thread