What did you do to your foxbody mustang today?

Mustang5L5

Established Member
I have had them do 2 now, and working on getting another done (sourcing another bad core). I want 2 "on the shelf" just in case for what ever reason they go out of business I'll have my inventory.

Photo of their work?

I have a bad one on the shelf, and a NOS motorcraft one as well. I really don't want to touch the NOS one if I don't need to.

13BlackGT

Established Member
I put different rear springs in and raised a bit. Now it rides better without bottom out on bumps. It was a bit too low.

1302fd1aae867057e95c5f5fdec0d9cf.jpg

91 coupe, 93 coupe, 13 Gt

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
It was a red car originally. I think it’s strawberry now. It has a decent paint job. All jams and engine compartment painted

View attachment 1672347

91 coupe, 93 coupe, 13 Gt
I really like that color. Almost bought one instead of my current one. But didn't really want two similar red mustangs.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Do you guys remember when people would put those muscle pony's on their rear window and ran the whale tail's???

Yup, I do. My buddy had that same decal on his car, and I had a saleen wing on mine. This was back in the late 90s early 2000s

I stored my car from 2003-2011ish and when I took it back out, one of the first things I did was take the Saleen wing off and put the stock LX wing back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Bought a sn95 steering rack. I was told it's out of a 01 GT mustang. But after some research and emailing Jack Hidley from maximum motorsports, he says it's a 98 mustang. Still should work fine.

According to MM. There isn't as much of a difference in the sn95 steering racks as we all thought.

Below is his reply:

Mr. Dalton,

NJ was used for 1998 Mustangs. I know that it was used on V6 submodels. I’m not sure what other submodel it may have been used on.

Other relevant information.

The information below is something which I’ve been able to confirm, but haven’t had the chance to change on the MM website yet.

With the lone exception of the 2000 Mustang Cobra R rack:

Group 1: All 1999-2004 Mustang racks have the same valving.

Group 2: All 1996-98 Mustang racks have the same valving.

Group 3: All 1994-95 Mustang racks have the same valving.

The differences in SPR codes from the different racks within the ABOVE groups is due to differences which don’t matter to us, such as the thickness of the steering rack limiter clips. Within each group, the hydraulic valving is the same. In general, the higher the group number, the better the steering feel. Any SN95 steering rack will be a significant improvement over any Fox steering rack.

Sincerely,

Jack Hidley

Maximum Motorsports Tech Support
2e30ebe5ba4806e2c2ed281e8885b6c8.jpg

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Bought a sn95 steering rack. I was told it's out of a 01 GT mustang. But after some research and emailing Jack Hidley from maximum motorsports, he says it's a 98 mustang. Still should work fine.

According to MM. There isn't as much of a difference in the sn95 steering racks as we all thought.

Below is his reply:

Mr. Dalton,

NJ was used for 1998 Mustangs. I know that it was used on V6 submodels. I’m not sure what other submodel it may have been used on.

Other relevant information.

The information below is something which I’ve been able to confirm, but haven’t had the chance to change on the MM website yet.

With the lone exception of the 2000 Mustang Cobra R rack:

Group 1: All 1999-2004 Mustang racks have the same valving.

Group 2: All 1996-98 Mustang racks have the same valving.

Group 3: All 1994-95 Mustang racks have the same valving.

The differences in SPR codes from the different racks within the ABOVE groups is due to differences which don’t matter to us, such as the thickness of the steering rack limiter clips. Within each group, the hydraulic valving is the same. In general, the higher the group number, the better the steering feel. Any SN95 steering rack will be a significant improvement over any Fox steering rack.

Sincerely,

Jack Hidley

Maximum Motorsports Tech SupportView attachment 1674570

I thought the 03-04 Cobra racks where different though?

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Apparently not any more according to Jack Hidley.

The differences between the year spans appear to be steering rack limiters. That means an 04 v6 rack is the same as an 04 cobra rack

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought the 03-04 Cobra racks where different though?

Apparently not any more according to Jack Hidley.

The differences between the year spans appear to be steering rack limiters. That means an 04 v6 rack is the same as an 04 cobra rack

This.

Users who are viewing this thread