What did you do to your foxbody mustang today?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
It appears this old PA alternator is bad. Luckily I found one of the previous owners of my car that did a lot of the work.

I message him frequently to keep him up to date on the car. If this truly is the PA alternator that's in my records, it's been on the car since 03!

I had two shops try to bench test it. Neither place could get it to run on the tester.

I've been periodically hearing a noise I thought was a TOB. Well it was the alternator.

Hopefully this fixes some slight hesitation I've been feeling while driving. New one should be here tomorrow.
daa7f0c4ecb627b80c86e128ed663d82.jpg
c2bfa7d339c5d648abadd1636ebde84c.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
It appears this old PA alternator is bad. Luckily I found one of the previous owners of my car that did a lot of the work.

I message him frequently to keep him up to date on the car. If this truly is the PA alternator that's in my records, it's been on the car since 03!

I had two shops try to bench test it. Neither place could get it to run on the tester.

I've been periodically hearing a noise I thought was a TOB. Well it was the alternator.

Hopefully this fixes some slight hesitation I've been feeling while driving. New one should be here tomorrow.View attachment 1644394View attachment 1644395

Good deal hopefully it takes care of your issue. I really need to upgrade mine. It’s original and at night the lights dim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

Hopefully this fixes some slight hesitation I've been feeling while driving. New one should be here tomorrow.View attachment 1644394View attachment 1644395

Good deal hopefully it takes care of your issue. I really need to upgrade mine. It’s original and at night the lights dim.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

Hope so! You should consider the 130 amp kit offered at LMR at the very least. It's a great upgrade.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Hope so! You should consider the 130 amp kit offered at LMR at the very least. It's a great upgrade.

Yeah it’s on my to do list I love LMR.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
What is you’re electric fan setup? Is it thermostatically controlled? Or a switch? I made ad this to my list.

Honestly I need to double check. I believe it's both. It doesn't turn on until about 180*, but I need to turn the switch on for it to run.

Using the factory switch below the headlight switch.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
And I think I may have found the culprit to the drivability problems I've been having. Two capacitors on the ecu are bad.
3899b1679d0436b6bba80b5d3800f42a.jpg
9c396db6740d2f5b031fd12ad8e224f3.jpg
3baa0224b082b3760396f03a595c3bcb.jpg

Attachments

• ef0d0f6c559e5ddd195bd8a231982a80.jpg
    ef0d0f6c559e5ddd195bd8a231982a80.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 95

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
What do you do replace the whole PCM?

I haven't done anything yet. Just found this out today.

But yes or replace capacitors.

Users who are viewing this thread