What did you do to your Ford today?

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Changed out the Cabin Air Filter in the new to me F Juan 50. :)

Cabin Air Filter.jpg

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Our 80k mile ‘15 f150 had a P1450 code with a CEL for a week.

Removed the evap vacuum thing… too tired and enough beers to not care.

Installed a new one, and magically the cel is gone. Wife is glad remote works in anticipation of the cold.

quad

Established Member
Not today but the past 2-3 weeks I did the following to my Terminator. I will post some pictures in a thread when I get a chance:
  • Removed Pioneer Appradio 3 Head Unit and associated cables and iPhone 4 cradle.
  • Installed a Pioneer DMH-4660 NEX with wireless Carplay / Android, HDMI, Alexa built-in.
  • Installed a Mighty Mount 2 QI Wireless Charger for my iPhone 12 Pro Max on a pivot ball AMPS base on a Kuda Base w/ concealed wire management.
  • Bought a GPS Dragy to play around with.
  • Bought a OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner and OBD2 1 Male to 3 Female Splitter.
  • Bought a Firestick 4K Max that can hook up via the HDMI cable to the head unit. I really got this for my mom but might use it in the car. It can run Kodi, supports Apple Airplay to mirror the iPhone screen 100%, run all streaming services etc. It also supports WIFI 6. It looks to be a snappy device and runs Android TV similar to the Nvidia Shield. It also has Alexa. I'll have Alexa on 3 devices lol. The head unit, Firestick and iPhone. Alexa seems to be a lot more useful to me than Siri. I can turn lights on and off in the house with it can also change the furnace thermostat settings via a Ecobee 4 that also has Alexa built-in. It is a really cool ecosystem.
  • Bought a USB3 hub. The DMH-4660 NEX has one single USB-C connection so I need to split it up. Fortunately USB-C can support up to 100 watts so I'll be able to run multiple USB devices off the hub including the fast wireless charger for the iPhone.
I don't think I'll be able to run my dual Aeroforce gauges simultaneously with the OBD2 scanner but I can switch between the two if I feel like it.

The DMH-4660 NEX is very nice and a nice upgrade over the Appradio 3. It is also much lighter since the Appradio had a DVD player built in as well. The Appradio was a very nice looking head unit but the Appradio software never worked as seamlessly as CarPlay. I also like wireless CarPlay and wireless charging so I don't have to bother plugging the phone into anything.

The Mighty Mount wireless charger is fantastic. I will probably get a second one. It supports the iPhone 13 also.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Did you have to pull the panel above the glovebox??? Still have a filter in the garage I need to put in.
Think this is video I skimmed over before knocking it out. Harder than it should be, easy still to do.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Just ordered this AMP RACK for my truck. I could make it but this will be cleaner than anything I could make, plus I'm lazy. Hoping my Sundown Audio Salt-4 amp and Sundown Audio 200.4 amp will fit nicely along with the B&O Zen Interface Module.
AMPRack.PNG

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Bought a few items for the Mach 1 over the last week. One is a P1SC-1H. I know everyone usually does a P1SC or D1SC but got a good deal and will see what it will do before getting a P1X.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

railroad

Established Member
I hope to install jacking rails on my 13 GT500 today.
I hate to add weight to the car, but seems like the best way to prevent damage during jacking or on a lift.
I got the Steeda jacking rails installed. Not too difficult. Easy job for a drive on lift, mine is a swing arm. I got the front side in the air enough to set a ramp under the front tire, then swing the arm out of the way.
4 bolts per side, two reused from the front and two new in the rear.
No issues.

quad

Established Member
Just ordered this AMP RACK for my truck. I could make it but this will be cleaner than anything I could make, plus I'm lazy. Hoping my Sundown Audio Salt-4 amp and Sundown Audio 200.4 amp will fit nicely along with the B&O Zen Interface Module. View attachment 1726113
With Shiba profits I presume?! ;)

Won't that rattle all the screws loose in your truck lol?! That sound system should be kickass! Not sure if you have wireless CarPlay but if not this seems to be like a good option. I am going to get this for another car.

If you have Android there's an adapter for that also.

These adapters seem to work well. As long as your car already supports Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. Wireless everything is the way to go. No need to deal with cables cluttering up the car.

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
With Shiba profits I presume?! ;)

Won't that rattle all the screws loose in your truck lol?! That sound system should be kickass! Not sure if you have wireless CarPlay but if not this seems to be like a good option. I am going to get this for another car.

If you have Android there's an adapter for that also.

These adapters seem to work well. As long as your car already supports Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. Wireless everything is the way to go. No need to deal with cables cluttering up the car.

Shiba...never heard of her! hahaha

This is actually the 2nd set of amps I bought for my Truck...might remember I bought these with crypto profits a while back....just too big.(that's what she didn't say) So I down graded a bit and will still push these four 8" 900rms subs way too much...... .5ohms ;) But going for a clean looking system, clear and loud with plenty of bass. Decided to go with Sundown Audio SALT amps for this install...pictured are Crescendos.

Attachments

• amp.jpg
    amp.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 73

Users who are viewing this thread