What did you do to your Cobra today?

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
When I asked my builder which radiator to buy, he told me buy anything but the Mishimoto.
He referred me to Fluidyne, Champion, and I forget the other name but they were custom made per order.
I ended up with a 3 row Champion and much like you I saw lower temps. I had an OEM style radiator in there originally though. My temps went from 214ish to 185ish.

I replaced a leaking Fluidyne with a Mishimoto about 9-10 years ago. I haven't had a single problem with it.

Certainly, enough time has passed since then that their quality may not be what it once was.

shurur

Established Member
When I asked my builder which radiator to buy, he told me buy anything but the Mishimoto.
He referred me to Fluidyne, Champion, and I forget the other name but they were custom made per order.
I ended up with a 3 row Champion and much like you I saw lower temps. I had an OEM style radiator in there originally though. My temps went from 214ish to 185ish.

I had a 3 core champion crack at the corners.
The mishi works best because of the mounting brace that it comes with; it protects the radiator from flexing.
The champion worked great..until it didn't.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I had a 3 core champion crack at the corners.
The mishi works best because of the mounting brace that it comes with; it protects the radiator from flexing.
The champion worked great..until it didn't.

I was just passing along what my builder told me. He works on nothing but Mustangs for the most part, so I value his opinion.
Im sure there are exceptions, as with anything else.
When you say mounting brace, do you mean the 2 upper brackets that are available for purchase seperately?

Helomech74

Established Member
I've been running the Mishimoto radiator in my car for as long as I can remember, never an issue. My car actually has issues getting up to temp in the cooler months due to not having an A/C condenser in the air path. In the summer months my temps sit at 195-205 which is perfect. In stop and go traffic, maybe 210-215, but the fans kick on and drop the temp quickly. I run a 195 degree standard thermostat, Mishimoto radiator, stock fan and an EMP/Stewart water pump.

shurur

Established Member
I was just passing along what my builder told me. He works on nothing but Mustangs for the most part, so I value his opinion.
Im sure there are exceptions, as with anything else.
When you say mounting brace, do you mean the 2 upper brackets that are available for purchase seperately?
No... mishi radiators come with side braces that attach to the radiator to keep it from flexing.

SN95COBRALOVER

Established Member
bought some TORCO race fuel, it should be delivered today. hopefully, it helps to raise the octane from the Stale gas in the tank and assist in the idling. more to follow

SN95COBRALOVER

Established Member
bought some TORCO race fuel, it should be delivered today. hopefully, it helps to raise the octane from the Stale gas in the tank and assist in the idling. more to follow

brucesvt

Established Member
Ordered a new oil pump and pick up since I am doing the head gaskets , axel bearing and seals, timing chains and guides. And finally got her new wheels and ac. December was a busy month after having covid found a lot of deals ... just need some long tubes and she will be fine after 3.5 years
IMG_1368.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, Bruce, sounds like you've had a busy December. Nice list of mods. I love the wheels you chose. Post a photo or two when you get them installed on your Mystic Cobra.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
When do hope to finish your project, Austin? Looks like you've got a lot of work to do yet.

boost88

Established Member
Well... I'm hoping to have all the interior back in next week at some point. It's 100% drivable but still need to install my subframe connectors and really wanting to get the lash adjusters replaced soon there after. Hopefully everything is buttoned up march or April time for the nicer weather

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Tuesday the car is getting picked up to have the hotside of the turbo rerouted.

I also got a great deal on a pair of microsuede Corbeau A4 seats/brackets/belts. I ordered some sound deadener, new floor mats, and a new carpet to install in the interior as well come spring time.

boost88

Established Member
You'll have to let me know how you like the sound deadening stuff. I really am tossing the idea around of doing it

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread