What did you do for your Terminator today?

stangfreak

Established Member
I’m at 500w right now and honestly it is feeling slow to me. Don’t get me wrong….It is a lot of fun to drive. I get a lot of looks and compliments. I am keeping all my parts as I’m currently installing a kenne bell. Maybe I’ll go back to stock-ish setup but I doubt it.

I know what you’re saying though. I am the type of person to regret a lot of my decisions so I’m sure I’ll be where you are at some point…time will tell.
same thing happened to me. I was at 510 rwhp 550rwtq with my ported eaton. 2.8 upper 4lb lower. we didn't have e85 back then. The car felt slow bc we get used to it, and these blowers get hot. One pass and its dead. And when your young, you always have something to prove and want to be the quickest. Back then it was a bit easier lol Now its hard to keep up with all these newer faster cars on the road. your kb swap will be fine.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
same thing happened to me. I was at 510 rwhp 550rwtq with my ported eaton. 2.8 upper 4lb lower. we didn't have e85 back then. The car felt slow bc we get used to it, and these blowers get hot. One pass and its dead. And when your young, you always have something to prove and want to be the quickest. Back then it was a bit easier lol Now its hard to keep up with all these newer faster cars on the road. your kb swap will be fine.
I’m definitely not trying to squeeze every ounce of power out of it. 600-650w and it will stay that way. Baby #3 is on its way, this country is getting worse by the day…I’ll enjoy for what it is once it’s done.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
It takes an adult to realize and be able to admit this. 450-500whp is the sweet spot for a street car.
Well, at 75 I still don't do adult things but I do agree with this. I have a few ticks over 500 wheel HP/TQ and I can smoke a pair of MT's/TQ's on the street. A ported Eaton, upper and lower pulleys, 60 lb injectors, BAP, ram air, SCT MAF and tune, then go set your hair on fire.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Well, at 75 I still don't do adult things but I do agree with this. I have a few ticks over 500 wheel HP/TQ and I can smoke a pair of MT's/TQ's on the street. A ported Eaton, upper and lower pulleys, 60 lb injectors, BAP, ram air, SCT MAF and tune, then go set your hair on fire.
I'll add another one for stangfreak. The most fun I had was with the Posi eaton on ethanol. Running a 10 second pass on an eaton wasn't something that was quite the norm yet when I got there. There were maybe 20 of us, documented on here, that had done it at the time. It was really cool to be a part of that. The car saw 132 in the 1/4 too. The difference between the eaton setup and then TVS on ethanol, was how 4th felt. It wrapped well with the eaton, but 4th wrapped like my old fox body would in 2nd. I never felt out of control on the street with 552 rwhp with the eaton. I had to pay very close attention while "having fun" with the TVS. First one was banging 3rd, the ass end went left, then snapped back right, and I was on the wrong side of the road checking my shorts. It was tracking straight, just in the wrong damn lane. That was when I questioned my choice a little.

TitanSvt

Rico Collazo
Established Member
PNR Welding ice tank install coming along nicely along with the Cobra Engineering 1" IC manifold
IMG_20220629_211653_615.jpeg
IMG_20220701_132503_407.jpeg
IMG_20220701_175545_292.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G998U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It takes an adult to realize and be able to admit this. 450-500whp is the sweet spot for a street car.
I have to agree. I never took my '03 Cobra over 504rwhp with a ported Eaton, but the previous setup (stock Eaton) of 457/480 was more satisfying on the street. A ton of awesome memories with that combo.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Guess I'm weird. I enjoy where my car is at power wise. Do I have to pay attention when I romp on it? Yep. Do I have a blast when I romp on it? You bet. I'm not concerned about the reliability. It's been on multiple 300+ mile trips in this configuration. A good fuel system and good tune goes a long way.

I've actually been staring at my big bore stroker in the corner a lot more since going for a ride in my buddies car.

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
Guess I'm weird. I enjoy where my car is at power wise. Do I have to pay attention when I romp on it? Yep. Do I have a blast when I romp on it? You bet. I'm not concerned about the reliability. It's been on multiple 300+ mile trips in this configuration. A good fuel system and good tune goes a long way.

I've actually been staring at my big bore stroker in the corner a lot more since going for a ride in my buddies car.
What’s your fuel system setup?

cobracide

Established Member
I've been debating upgrading my ported eaton to a 2.3L Whipple for years. Have the full fuel system installed and everything. A whipple would basically be a drop in and a tune. The thing is I really don't even have the space to go full throttle unless I'm on the interstate, which isn't often. Bonus - not breaking parts with 135k miles on the clock. Probably will never happen and I have no regrets. On the street, agreed - low 500's is more than enough for me apparently. The Cobra has been my only car since I bought it with 6k miles for $26,500 :) .

Went to the gas station and home remodeling place yesterday - got an "I like your car!" at each stop. That's never happened before.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
What’s your fuel system setup?
Fore level 2 in a dead head set up with ID1050X injectors. I played the catch up game in my last car and it almost cost me an engine. So this time I went big so I wouldn't have to worry. I'm running both pumps full time as well.

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
Fore level 2 in a dead head set up with ID1050X injectors. I played the catch up game in my last car and it almost cost me an engine. So this time I went big so I wouldn't have to worry. I'm running both pumps full time as well.
I have the same setup but did the FC3 so I wouldn’t have to run both pumps all the time. 80lb injectors for me. Glad to know it’s working for you. Mine will be dead headed. Where did you mount the FPR? I know where I’m going to mount mine but If you have a better place I’ll change it.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I have the same setup but did the FC3 so I wouldn’t have to run both pumps all the time. 80lb injectors for me. Glad to know it’s working for you. Mine will be dead headed. Where did you mount the FPR? I know where I’m going to mount mine but If you have a better place I’ll change it.
It's in the passenger side wheel well basically behind the head light. I used on of the bumper studs for mounting. I have the fuel line entering the engine compartment under the air filter.

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
It's in the passenger side wheel well basically behind the head light. I used on of the bumper studs for mounting. I have the fuel line entering the engine compartment under the air filter.
As we speak im fabricating a bracket to mount to the side bracket of the KB since I’m not amounting any EGR stuff. I might look at copying you before I make this permanent. Thanks!

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
Here is mine. This bracket is TEMPORARY. I’ll be making a legitimate one after it’s tuned and running well. This will be fine for now. It needs a third mounting point for sure. Feed and return will run down the drivers side.

Now I need a -8 fitting to hook up to the stock rail. I think Fore sent me the wrong one.

Attachments

• 0536D8E0-BACC-405B-A041-E38D5634551F.jpeg
    0536D8E0-BACC-405B-A041-E38D5634551F.jpeg
    413.1 KB · Views: 86

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Here is mine. This bracket is TEMPORARY. I’ll be making a legitimate one after it’s tuned and running well. This will be fine for now. It needs a third mounting point for sure. Feed and return will run down the drivers side.

Now I need a -8 fitting to hook up to the stock rail. I think Fore sent me the wrong one.
The bracket that Harpell makes might work for you. I have the Fore rails as well. I figured one and done kinda thing.

Users who are viewing this thread