What did you do for your Terminator today?

03' White Snake

Established Member
I only have a 3.5 upper. I have the 4# metco setup; I am 75% sure I'm going to put it on since I'm going E85....the KB might whine OK if I do that. With only the 3.5 upper it will only hit 18lbs I think. the 2.8 probably needs 20+lbs to shine; we will see.

Definitely run 20+ on Corn for it to shine. Anything less, the ported Heaton will feel it hits harder down low. Big Blowers want more boost to shine for sure.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
After 6 years and 2,000 miles, I finally changed out the bushings on my 4# caged lower pulley. I went with a harder bushing from Mc Master. There was only slight distortion on the orange bushings from the original build.

87235K12 Abrasion-Resistant Polyurethane Rubber Round Tube, 6" Long, 1-1/4" OD, 1/2" ID, 80A Durometer 1

IMG_2821.jpg

IMG_2820.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
After 6 years and 2,000 miles, I finally changed out the bushings on my 4# caged lower pulley. I went with a harder bushing from Mc Master. There was only slight distortion on the orange bushings from the original build.

87235K12 Abrasion-Resistant Polyurethane Rubber Round Tube, 6" Long, 1-1/4" OD, 1/2" ID, 80A Durometer 1

View attachment 1752616

View attachment 1752617
How long did it take you to change out the bushings, Vince?

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
Bob, it only took a few hours to replace the bushings. This is mainly because this setup will not allow the shaft to lock up on the plate supporting the pulley. If you look at the picture closely, you will see that the shaft is not allowed to tighten on the plate.

Stock Lower Pulley 003.JPG

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bob, it only took a few hours to replace the bushings. This is mainly because this setup will not allow the shaft to lock up on the plate supporting the pulley. If you look at the picture closely, you will see that the shaft is not allowed to tighten on the plate.

View attachment 1752858
I like that design!

@stangfreak, I like those BC forged TD03 wheels. Post a photo or two after the install. (y)

stangfreak

Established Member
Today I drove the Cobra. I will miss this Eaton whine when the KB goes on. Nothing like the whine of a ported Eaton with a small pulley.
You know, after owning this car for 19 years, I wish I had the will power to have left this car bolt ons only. Not even a ported eaton. But I was 21 years old when I bought it. The most fun I had with this car was when I had a reichard racing 2.80 pulley, steeda cold air, borla stinger catback, tune, and steeda triax. Thats all I had. It made 465 rwhp, 470rwtq. still drove like it came out of ford, stock fuel system, stock everything. Thats how I should have left the car.

stangfreak

Established Member
I like that design!

@stangfreak, I like those BC forged TD03 wheels. Post a photo or two after the install. (y)
you got it bob. I got inspired bc a certain car is COMING BACK . A legend. And I am trying to freshen up the car. some hoses got dry rotted. leaking. I changed my heat exchanger. Put a fresh one in. New tank. The finish is brushed gloss clear. so so easy to maintain. I hope that finish will look good on metallic silver. I basically got the same cut and finish as intervention302 on here. He has the sonic blue cobra.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
You know, after owning this car for 19 years, I wish I had the will power to have left this car bolt ons only. Not even a ported eaton. But I was 21 years old when I bought it. The most fun I had with this car was when I had a reichard racing 2.80 pulley, steeda cold air, borla stinger catback, tune, and steeda triax. Thats all I had. It made 465 rwhp, 470rwtq. still drove like it came out of ford, stock fuel system, stock everything. Thats how I should have left the car.
It takes an adult to realize and be able to admit this. 450-500whp is the sweet spot for a street car.

bull_dog190

Established Member
I feel this big time. Thats why I sold my racecar lol

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member

It takes an adult to realize and be able to admit this. 450-500whp is the sweet spot for a street car.

i'm pretty sure the main reason i have been still able to keep daily driving this car after all these years is because i kept the stock eaton and stock fuel system. i have been very tempted to upgrade - i even bought parts for a fore return fuel system - but i know it is a slippery slope.

meanwhile while not the fastest, it sure is a blast to drive. and i can still hop in take it cross country and feel pretty confident that it will be okay.

stangfreak

Established Member
Exactly. As I got older, I finally realized it. But I bought this car when it just hit the market, I was 21, so I was like ok we are going to make a monster! The forums were exploding. The terminator was THE CAR. so of course, I jumped on the band wagon and started to mod. Even when I talk to some old school people, they all say the same thing. They wish they would have left the cobra at 500rwhp. Its the most fun they had. And I have to agree.

stangfreak

Established Member
I feel this big time. Thats why I sold my racecar lol
I met a lot of cobra owners who are considered the pioneers of these cars. They were the first ones to have a kenne bell cobra, first to have nitrous, first to run 10s, etc etc. some owned low 8 second cars. Everyone single of them, sold the cobra. All of them. And they all said, they took it too far.

stangfreak

Established Member
i'm pretty sure the main reason i have been still able to keep daily driving this car after all these years is because i kept the stock eaton and stock fuel system. i have been very tempted to upgrade - i even bought parts for a fore return fuel system - but i know it is a slippery slope.

meanwhile while not the fastest, it sure is a blast to drive. and i can still hop in take it cross country and feel pretty confident that it will be okay.
jimmy viccaro told me in 2003, watch out for the slippery slope! I mean, I had many friends who had 600rwhp cobras and daily drove them. If you do a very basic and simple setup, 19lbs, pump gas, you should still be fine. Like a small TVS. But I do get it, now you no longer "feel" its reliable bc some OEM items are now gone. Its one of those decisions that will haunt us haha

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Exactly. As I got older, I finally realized it. But I bought this car when it just hit the market, I was 21, so I was like ok we are going to make a monster! The forums were exploding. The terminator was THE CAR. so of course, I jumped on the band wagon and started to mod. Even when I talk to some old school people, they all say the same thing. They wish they would have left the cobra at 500rwhp. Its the most fun they had. And I have to agree.
I’m at 500w right now and honestly it is feeling slow to me. Don’t get me wrong….It is a lot of fun to drive. I get a lot of looks and compliments. I am keeping all my parts as I’m currently installing a kenne bell. Maybe I’ll go back to stock-ish setup but I doubt it.

I know what you’re saying though. I am the type of person to regret a lot of my decisions so I’m sure I’ll be where you are at some point…time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread