What did you do for your Terminator today?

03' White Snake

Established Member
Any pictures of the lower intake after it was ported? What kind of expected gains are there with the port?
Debating about sending mine off while building the new engine for mine. I'm trying to leave no stone unturned with this build and I already have ported heads.
Thanks
Ken

No gains til you make 800+ hp. Then they say about 20-25 hp. All the record holding cobras are running the ported lowers.

Before….

8CE54B71-0379-45ED-A682-F13578E5CD42.jpg

After….

372CF997-D293-43A3-9FB8-646247D4C972.jpg

3842A6CE-39BD-4508-8116-786B0FABA6B3.jpeg

5D11660E-0120-41B9-B113-E60DADC349DF.jpg

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Looks good! Mine is a 10.5:1 compression fully built aluminator with ported heads, Molnar PA rods Gen5 Whipple with 24-26 lbs of boost, VMP ic brick and an MS3 Pro PnP ecu and upgraded everything including custom cams and Cloyes adj. primary and secondary cam gears. I'll be devastated if it's not pushing 900+ rwhp when all said and done.
I believe I'll get mine pulled and sent off for porting!
:)

Thanks
Ken

03' White Snake

Established Member
Looks good! Mine is a 10.5:1 compression fully built aluminator with ported heads, Molnar PA rods Gen5 Whipple with 24-26 lbs of boost, VMP ic brick and an MS3 Pro PnP ecu and upgraded everything including custom cams and Cloyes adj. primary and secondary cam gears. I'll be devastated if it's not pushing 900+ rwhp when all said and done.
I believe I'll get mine pulled and sent off for porting!
:)

Thanks
Ken

Very similar to my build. My CR is 10:3, cams, non ported heads…. my little 2.8H KB currently made 822 on 22 psi. I never was able to make a full hit on 26 psi.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Finally polished the snout and spare pulley for my Whipple 2.3. Ordered new hardware and carbon coupler from Whipple. Also, drained the blower and put in fresh oil. 6 hours of sanding and polishing……Paid off I guess?

Did you strip the anodizing with Heavy Duty Oven cleaner first, or did you sand all the anodize off by hand?

Looks great though!!

03' White Snake

Established Member
Yes, let the heavy duty cleaner work its magic. Took a few attempts and good scrubbing to remove the anodize.
Nice. When I did mine, I stripped it first, sanded with a DA. Then by hand to get it close. Then used a bench top polishing wheel with 2 different pads. Wasn't too bad. If you did it all by hand that is a lot of work. Came out great thought.

SsnakeSVT03

Established Member
Nice. When I did mine, I stripped it first, sanded with a DA. Then by hand to get it close. Then used a bench top polishing wheel with 2 different pads. Wasn't too bad. If you did it all by hand that is a lot of work. Came out great thought.
Yes, all by hand. I was scared to burn through the metal if I used a DA. Not very experienced sanding metals LOL. But I did make my own drill attachment with a pencil/pen and wrapped the sandpaper on it to do the holes on the pulley. Thank you!

03' White Snake

Established Member
Fired her up for the first time since the garage rebuild!!! No real issues. Had a cylinder 4 misfire…. The injector came unplugged. Besides that, she runs great!!! I’m pumped.

Got 5.5 miles on her so far. A few more and I’ll change the oil. She’s almost ready for prime time.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Added some smaller (and hard to photograph!) things. HID projector retrofitted headlights and also some LED fog lights to match. It's hard to tell until they're all on but the cut-off and output on everything is fantastic.

52144171709_6f7d943c76_b.jpg

All sourced from 1999-2004 Ford Mustang – Madd Retrofits & Lighting for reference
Very nice upgrade, Mike. I can well imagine the huge visibility difference at night. (y)

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Added some smaller (and hard to photograph!) things. HID projector retrofitted headlights and also some LED fog lights to match. It's hard to tell until they're all on but the cut-off and output on everything is fantastic.

52144171709_6f7d943c76_b.jpg

All sourced from 1999-2004 Ford Mustang – Madd Retrofits & Lighting for reference
I did LED headlights and fog lights last week. What a huge difference in visibility at night.

hatchke

Established Member
Very nice upgrade, Mike. I can well imagine the huge visibility difference at night. (y)

Thanks! Most definitely does, it's like day and night (literally lol) and I don't think they stand out too much. I was very worried it would modernize the car too much and take away from the mid-2000's of it, but think they're subtle enough until it's nighttime.

decipha

Established Member
I'm running Binary editor from Coretuning.net. It was THE tuning software for Fords a decade ago when you were using a Quarterhorse chip.

The best I can piece together is the creator of BE is a software engineer and made it to tune his fox and started selling the software. I had it a decade ago to tune my fox and it was just a one time fee to buy the software and strategies were free but there weren't a ton out there. If you wanted to tune something that didn't come with the included BE strategies you had to buy the strategies separate from someone that had made a strategy but the nice thing was you could still tune as many cars as you wanted.

Since the strategies were open you could do anything you wanted if you were good enough to code and make the strategy do what you want (for example add flexfuel to a non-flexfuel car, add auto controls to a manual car, etc). Somewhere along the way BE teamed up with one of the guys that created a lot of strategies you could buy and encrypted all their strategies. Then you had to pay a license fee per vehicle to tune them. For guys that were capable of going in and modifying a strategy to get something they wanted they weren't allowed to do that anymore (decipha). Thus Tunerpro was created.

Tunerpro was what guys like decipha was using and with it they were able to go in to the strategies and make the computer do many things it was never capable of before. Tunerpro is very powerful but its kinda glitchy and for most of us we aren't capable of doing the coding to accomplish custom hacks so you rely on guys like decipha to make them for you. I remember years ago Malcolm tried Tunerpro and for some reason the computer wouldn't read one of his O2's. He switched back to BE with the same tune and his O2 worked, tried it several more times and same results.

I like BE better because it offers the ability to tune on the fly with a quarterhorse, I have access to a bazillion strategies so if I want to tune just about anything Ford I can if I pay the $96 for that vehicle. I also don't like that SCT made it to where I never really owned my software, you could only flash it so many times before you had to update and reset your amount of flashes. BE use to not have anything like that but now I think there is a clock and after so long it makes you do an update before you can open the software.

Sorry for the novel.
Thats inaccurate.

Tunerpro came along well before BE was ever a thought. In fact BE originally had an import tool to import tunerpro def files originally.

Ive never had a glitch before with Tunerpro and Ive put it through the paces. If you want to shoot me a PM or post a thread to discuss the glitches you were having Im sure we can fix it. Tunerpro is actually known for being the most stable tuning platform which is one of many reasons why some other softwares have plug ins to use it.

No one NEEDS custom code they just WANT it. Im happy to share when I create stuff so all can enjoy. I do not know of anyone else that writes custom code for fords.

If the o2 wasnt reading then it wasnt being logged. It doesnt affect anything and all would still function correctly. All he had to do was ask or post a thread and he would have gotten the updated adx no problem.

If its been years since hes used it then theres been several thousand updates since as I update tunerpro literally every day. Its not uncommon for me to push 10-15 updates in a single day at times.

Tunerpro does real time tuning too which is where it really shines. No paying to tune multi vehicles with Tunerpro either. Thats the best part Tunerpro is 100% free and not only is it the fastest to get setup and going compared to every other software ever created but it has far superior datalogging abilities with pre configured histograms so someone with absolutely no knowledge at all can perfectly dial in the maf, fuel pump voltage, inferred load, perload and the VE table all automatically populating the histograms on its own just by simply clicking the log button. Theres no datalogging configuration or dashboards to setup its already all done for you. That in itself literally saves you hours upon hours of tedious work. If you have a wideband wired in through the egr it even shows you your fuel error at WOT and automatically populates the error in the histogram for you. It literally cannot be any easier.

Tunerpro also has my exclusive k-constant so every tune gets maximum resolution and there are no ecu limitations. Which is why you get far greater ecu control with tunes done through tunerpro regardless.

But for the EEC-V and EEC-IV specifically, Tunerpro is hands down far superior than everything else by a long shot not only in ecu support but in overall function and performance. Money simply cannot buy anything even remotely close which is ironic because its all 100% FREE.

Users who are viewing this thread