What did you do for your Terminator today?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I noticed how mine hides dust and small debris as well. Ours are pretty much identical, color wise. I have a large 36”dust mop that I use monthly that handles the bulk of the needed cleaning. My wife wishes I’d clean the floors in the house, too. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Finally went WOT for the first time this season on Friday. Two of my pals from the gym were lined up in front of me so I had to exert some dominance. lol One guy has a '16? BMW 5-series AWD with exhaust (no tune that I know of). Other guy has a '99 SS convertible auto that's mostly stock. Needless to say, it didn't take long to make my point. hehe

KINGCarnge

Established Member
If I had a dollar for every time I said the cobras almost done I have enough to buy the McLeod RTX Clutch kit . We are currently waiting to set up a dyno/tune day with VMP.

Also seen on an older thread people putting yellow fuel caps on their corn fed Cobras (which never crossed my mind). I hope I got the right one. I haven’t decided which E85 emblem I will go with.

Image1629148467.038629.jpg

Image1629148474.308681.jpg

Saleen498

Established Member
Not exactly a cobra but parts were removed from and are specific to the cobra. Powdercoated the IRS cradle, Eibach sway bar, upper arms, lower diff brace, lower diff mount and upper body brackets all black using the maximum motorsports components for a color match. Swapping into a 2002 saleen
1629316685305.jpeg
1629316721372.jpeg
1629316735299.jpeg
1629316756147.jpeg

02 Saleen #498
03 Cobra #5467
15 GT PP #wgaf

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
If I had a dollar for every time I said the cobras almost done I have enough to buy the McLeod RTX Clutch kit . We are currently waiting to set up a dyno/tune day with VMP.

Also seen on an older thread people putting yellow fuel caps on their corn fed Cobras (which never crossed my mind). I hope I got the right one. I haven’t decided which E85 emblem I will go with.

View attachment 1716634

View attachment 1716635

Hmmm, that part number looks right, but that's quite a bit different looking than the one I bought many years back (2012). I bought it off amazon.

IMG_1042.jpg

Saleen498

Established Member
Did you do the powdercoating yourself? The parts came out really nice!
No, I had Krazykustoms in Wilmington mass do the coating. Hes done a few other things for me including the tinted taillights on the GT, highly recommend him
For the gun guys and turbo guys here, he also does great cerakote and ceramic work.

02 Saleen #498
03 Cobra #5467
15 GT PP #wgaf

KINGCarnge

Established Member
Hmmm, that part number looks right, but that's quite a bit different looking than the one I bought many years back (2012). I bought it off amazon.

View attachment 1717093

I did not have any luck finding a cap exactly like yours on Amazon or eBay. The thread that I came across was an older one and it might have been your pic of that made me replace mine.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No, I had Krazykustoms in Wilmington mass do the coating. Hes done a few other things for me including the tinted taillights on the GT, highly recommend him
For the gun guys and turbo guys here, he also does great cerakote and ceramic work.

02 Saleen #498
03 Cobra #5467
15 GT PP #wgaf
Thanks for the feedback. I'll make note of this shop. Nice to know they do some gun work as well.

Goocher0310th

Established Member
Did you visit Lenny at the post office? We need to go down to the Ocala Cars & Coffee after dark together!
Hah, Yea, I went to see him that morning. Had to mail a package.

I'm game for going to Ocala CnC for sure. I looked it up, and the next one is on the 15th. Send me a DM if you want to head over there together.
I haven't been to the Sunday or Wed shows in Ocala, I've heard they're great though.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Installed a bronze shifter bushing in the magnum. Long list of crap had to get removed to lower the trans like 2”to get the shifter out. Installed the ISO’s back in out back. Raising it up a tad to fit the new 305 tires soon.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
I'd say a well-deserved trophy win, Vince. That engine bay is one of the baddest and nicest I've seen.

Thanks Bob, I really appreciate your comment. There are so many ways to express yourself with these cars. Newer cars ('90's and above) don't get much love at these shows, unless they're modified. Thirty years from now, a bone stock 48 year old Mystichrome Cobra will contend for Best of Show. Since I won't be doing Car Shows at 104, well, you get the picture.

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
refilled the convertible top hydraulic pump reservoir. guess there had been a very slow leak over all these years because it took a lot more dexron iii than i was expecting!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Bob, I really appreciate your comment. There are so many ways to express yourself with these cars. Newer cars ('90's and above) don't get much love at these shows, unless they're modified. Thirty years from now, a bone stock 48 year old Mystichrome Cobra will contend for Best of Show. Since I won't be doing Car Shows at 104, well, you get the picture.
LOL! I'm in the same picture with you, Vince.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Recent Car Show and racking up those miles.

View attachment 1717621
View attachment 1717622

Wow. If that one on Bring a Trailer brought $80k, how much do you figure that makes yours worth with that mileage?

Around here newer cars clean up at shows. Get a newer Corvette or Mustang, slap on a couple chrome covers and bam, trophies. I even saw a guy with a brand new 'vette, hang up the window sticker, still had temporary tags on it, win a trophy.

I wish older pre-00 cars got more love around here. Crazy to think new edges are teetering on "classic" status.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
Wow. If that one on Bring a Trailer brought $80k, how much do you figure that makes yours worth with that mileage?

Well, since my Cobra has many modifications, even with the low miles, I figure I might be able to get maybe $35K on the high end. Since the car is in my will, I'm not concerned about it, the car is just a toy I tinker with.

Users who are viewing this thread